Carry Weight and You

By Silesian2, in Game Mechanics

We very much need rules for how comrades are able to aid in the carrying of gear.

Seconded.

(Forum says my post is too short, so I'll write some stuff that makes it less short gorammit!)

A pretty simple solution (from another rpg, I think Shadowrun 2nd Ed.) would be:

Everything carried in a rucksack gets its weight halfed (round down)

Worn Armor gets its weight cut in half as well.

silesian said:

You know what's really going to flip your wig about ammo backpacks? Dark Heresy Ascension has a different "standard" ammo backpack, which doubles as an actual backpack and carries things. It also weighs only 15kg, and carries 300 shots for Las weapons , with the disclaimer that Hellguns use two charges per shot.

Las weapons are problematic in this regard.

The way I'd have done it is, instead of listing the clip size, list the number of charges the weapon uses per shot, with standard lasgun/laspistol shot using one charge, and stat various power packs listing the number of charges they hold.

This way we wouldn't have a problem with a backback allowing the same number of shots when attached to a laspistol as it does when attached to a lascannon. Might be a bit too much hassle to track for some people though.

This way we wouldn't have a problem with a backback allowing the same number of shots when attached to a laspistol as it does when attached to a lascannon. Might be a bit too much hassle to track for some people though.

It works as long as you're clever enough to calculate and write down the number of shots for the weapon you use. After all, very few people will use the same backpack for both a laspistol and a lascannon.

Otherwise, I like the idea.