The Commisar and Leadership

By Andor2, in Game Mechanics

Everyone (except Hobbitses) gets two non-stat aptitudes. The Commisar gets finesse and leadership.

There is a problem with leadership however. It's probably the weakest of the non-stat aptitudes as it applies to no characteristic advances (only Tech shares that boat) and to only one skill (tech gets two, the rest get more.)

Leadership does apply to a bunch of talents but every single one of them has fellowship as the other apptitude. Tech spreads the love around. Command, the single skill leadership helps also had fellowship as the other aptitude.

This is a problem because the Commisar does not have the fellowship aptitude (in spite of having a fellowship bonus!)

Now he can get it, if he gets a bonus aptitude that overlaps with an existing aptitude (Fieldcraft/survivalist or Iron Discipline in regiment creation is the only way to do it.) And if he wouldn't rather have BS to complement his finesse. That's what I did, but I may need to seriously rethink that notion.

But every other class that gets leadership does also have fellowship.

So is this deliberate? Oversight? A balance issue?

As it stands using his Leadership is going to cost the Commisar twice as much as every single other character class with the leadership aptitude. That seems like a problem.

Thoughts?

*blink* Ok then. I would like to thank FFG for the speedy resolution of my issue. gui%C3%B1o.gif