Mobile App Version?

By Takitron, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

I hope there is a mobile version of this with online play! Im not sure you can do it with the current asymmetrical game play trend for mobile devices, but I would love it.

I'd love to see a Netrunner app, but I won't be holding my breath. I've been hoping for a Call of Cthulhu LCG app for a long time and nothing has ever happened there. There are some lukewarm card games you can get like Shadow Era but nothing really good.

An online or app version would be great.

I also didn't care for Shadow Era.

I like Cabals. It's a card game with a board that you move around. Tiles you control generate resources or other effects.

Async Multiplayer. Release as free with just enough free content to play the game. Then release cards as in app purchase. I'd buy it and the print games

I will be in the waiting list for this app or maybe kickstarter project, this is a great game , but its hard to find people playing it in mexico.

That would be awesome, the next store where I can play is 50 km away and as a father and husband I'd really like to play Netrunner more often than I currently are able to.

Datapacks could be sold as in-app purchase.

Once the base structure for LCG Apps is programmed it probably would be easier to use it for other LCGs like GoT or LotR.

Also real live online WC would be possible, or fast testing new decks against an AI...

Someone already suggested it to FFG?

I like this idea.

OCTGN play is pretty awesome, in the meantime.

I play on OCTGN all the time and I love it! It's not a professional-level product, but then it is free.

I would love even more if an MTGO-style client were worth it for FFG to implement. I think this is more likely than an iOS app.

I would definitely be willing to shell out for a professional, online Netrunner playing interface (or shell out for virtual cards). This has the potential to (1) serve players without a "scene", (2) serve players who just want to play more Netrunner even if they do have a scene (i.e., ME), and (3) expand the playerbase of the game in general.

It also has the potential to cost a huge amount of money and then flop. *shrug*

Edited by Hans Chung-Otterson

I am a video game developer (Haven't released anything anything major yet.) and I thought about game jamming a basic netrunner card game with all the cards from the base sets. (I made this account just to post here.) If I ever do I'll find some way to make it playable in browser. (Maybe show it to FFG and get a deal for a bigger budget and multiplayer game.)

Anyways, if anyone wants to collab on this idea with me contact me at this address:

[email protected]

I am a video game developer (Haven't released anything anything major yet.) and I thought about game jamming a basic netrunner card game with all the cards from the base sets. (I made this account just to post here.) If I ever do I'll find some way to make it playable in browser. (Maybe show it to FFG and get a deal for a bigger budget and multiplayer game.)

Anyways, if anyone wants to collab on this idea with me contact me at this address:

[email protected]

You'd need to find a way to do it that didn't use any copyrighted material.

Mechanics of the game are copyrighted, right?

Never ceases to amaze me how many people have the attitude of "I think this is cool, therefore the company should support this."

Then they feel betrayed and wounded when they get a fat Cease & Desist letter.

Mechanics of the game are copyrighted, right?

Never ceases to amaze me how many people have the attitude of "I think this is cool, therefore the company should support this."

Then they feel betrayed and wounded when they get a fat Cease & Desist letter.

Not a lawyer, but AFAIK you can't actually copyright game mechanics. You can copyright game text and artwork, and any particular iteration of the rules (i.e. the exact wording wording and layouts of the rulebook) but not the actual game rules themselves.

Makes things like Lacerunner (a complete Netrunner retheme set in Victorian court instead of Cyberspace) perfectly ok legally.

Edited by CommissarFeesh

I think I remember hearing something similar now that you mention it. I suppose if JWJ thinks he can file off enough serial numbers to reimplement the game without using any text or words from the card pool, good luck to him.

@Grimwalker and @CommissarFeesh Well the idea is, I get the working prototype, I show it off to them and either get the licensing with some contract or go off use the engine I made for a card game of my own design. (Maybe make Lacerunner on the side.)

I didn't want to be harsh, but I'll put it more plainly: you will get a big, fat Cease & Desist letter. Showing up unsolicited with a prototype app that violates the copyrights of not one, but two different corporations, they will not like that.

It's also profoundly naïve of you to suppose that they are unaware of this potential product. They either have decided to move forward with it and already have something in development, or they have decided not to move forward with it for either practical or legal reasons.

It is entirely possible that their licensing agreement with WOTC doesn't permit them to develop a digital product. I don't know. Do you presume to know?

In any possible scenario, your unsolicited contribution is going to be unwelcome.

If you want to be an app developer, then go over to their Careers section: hey look, they're accepting applications for a WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPER.

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/3e/3f/3e3fef1c-aaf5-41b1-842d-bf7ce0bdee90/web_application_developer.pdf

Do it right. Sincerely: good luck!

Edited by Grimwalker