a problem about discard

By SeljukTurk, in Condottiere

There are two(or more) players and both of them have non-mercenary cards only.Unfortunately,no one want to discard after a battle.They are playing in normal rules.What should they do?

i cant really answer your question (for me its hard to explain on a computer sorry) but i hope you find out and have fun playing happy.gif

This is an area of the rules in which I'm also confused. At the end of each battle, players may discard their hand if they do not have any mercenary cards. Bud I don't understand why they would choose to do so, as this would preclude them from being able to keep 2 cards at the end of the round (when only 1 player has mercenary cards).

I also don't understand what order the decision is made.

SeljukTurk said:

There are two(or more) players and both of them have non-mercenary cards only.Unfortunately,no one want to discard after a battle.They are playing in normal rules.What should they do?

Here's how we've been playing it:

Both players keep up to two cards (if they wish). They then must discard the rest of their cards. The discards and card deck is then shuffled. Each player receives enough cards to bring their hand up to 10 cards.

Example: a player choosing to keep 2 cards recieves eight additonal cards.

Players then receive one additional card for each city they control.