2009 South Coast Championship official regionals teams and singles date change May 9th and may 10th

By Scubadude, in UFS Fan Announcements

WeWelcome UFS players to the 2009 South Coast Championship also known as the SCC. For those of you who attended last year you who attended last year you might have expected it to be at Megacon in Orlando FL. Sorry but this year it will be at South Fort Myers high school in Fort Myers FL. This is due to the change of a lot of us not knowing on team events and making them official. But after talking with Steve and Paul they will be official for teams and singles for the SCC.

Format: the following sets will be legal for this event.

Cutting edge
Domination
Realm of midnight
Deadly ground
Flash of blades
King of fighters 2006
Flames of Fame
Warriors dream
Shadow war (set 12)
Soul Caliber 4 (set 12)
And various promos and cards from set 7 they must have the 4-point shuriken.

When: May 9th and 10th (Also if anyone is coming in Friday the 8th contact Chris Kovaz for a possible warm up event.)?

Where:

14020 plantation road
Fort Myers, FL

What: 2009 South Coast Championship and official regionals.

Friday May 8th

Fun free for all day for anyone who comes in early just contact Chris and maybe we will have a special event at 2d10 games

Saturday May 9th

10:00 AM registration 11:00AM start: Official SCC singles regionals regular swiss format, which will be anywhere from 5-7 rounds depending on attendance and a top 8 cut. Entry fee will be 5.00.

5:00 PM: SCC legacy event where everything is fair game unless its on the official banned list cost will be 5.00 and prize support will be based on the number entries.

Sunday May 10th

10:00 Am registration 11:00 AM Start: Official SCC Team event regular team format rules and swiss format and shooting for 4 round and either a top 8 or top 4 cut. Entry fee will be 15.00 per team. Also to add in an interview with Steve the team winners of this event will be invited to the world’s dinner like the singles winner.

Sealed set 12 all day: For anyone who dropped or doesn’t have a team is welcome to participate in sealed or draft events for set 12 throughout the day so they have something to do.

Additional rules for regionals: Remember to be up to date on any card rulings but we will have judges in attendance for any questions. All events will follow all bans and errata’s from the official ban/errata list.

Why is there entry fee: To cover the cost of our prize kits since our store has to pay for the prize support for this event and some events will be based on sealed product.

Prizes for the official regionals events:

Singles will receive:

0. 8x Custom UFS vitality Counters
0. 1x Card Plaque Trophy for the winner
0. 60x Foiled promos available only to regional participants
0. 8x Regional Promo Packs for Top 8
0. 1x 2008-2009 UFS Regional banner
4x Regional Exclusive UFS Art Prints

Regionals will culminate into national championships, and the World Championships at Gencon. Regional winners will be invited to a UFS Masters Dinner. This event will be held every year at Gencon. Steve, James and I will be there along with all of UFS's former World Champions. There will be a special ceremony recognizing each regional winner, a short speech by Steve, plenty of awesome food and time to swap battle stories.

Prizes for the team event:

Paul told me will have a similar regionals kit but that information will be coming soon. I will be having a plaque made similar to the SCC plaques from 2008 for the winner plus much more.

Also we will be having a birthday bash for megageese so expect some cool surprises for the SCC this year!!

If you have any questions contact me [email protected].

Y'know I'm down for going. I just have to crunch some numbers to see if I can pull it off, but having it further away from the Path's End event definately helps. I'll hit you up when I know something.

Nubian_God said:

Y'know I'm down for going. I just have to crunch some numbers to see if I can pull it off, but having it further away from the Path's End event definately helps. I'll hit you up when I know something.

Sounds awesome man megageese is going too so get with him for car pooling .

are the vitality counters going to be symbols? if so what symbols are they?

trane said:

are the vitality counters going to be symbols? if so what symbols are they?

Ya they are symbols if you check out the regionals section of the website there are photos of them .

i was just wondering if they were pictures of james hada's face or something.

I guess I can fill out my time off request sheet for work now.

Scubadude said:

Nubian_God said:

Sounds awesome man megageese is going too so get with him for car pooling .

Ive just got me and my wife commin so ill just be playin. my bday is on the 8th so when is geeses exactly cause we can have a super ufs bday bash. I need to talk to geese and the texas crew about car poolin.

Oh no, chances are we'll be flying out to Florida. =S

Yeah, I'm already planning on driving up to Minnesota in April, so I'll probably still be road warrior'd out by the time SCC rolls around.

Why the date change?

gcaban said:

Why the date change?

FFG booked 3 regionals on the same date so Paul asked me to move it for him but we are getting a lot more play groups to come in the end so it was for the better.

Nah, that's just a cover story.

The real reason is because my birthday is on the ninth, and it's Scuba's way of paying tribute to me, as I conquered his ancestors centuries ago.

MegaGeese said:

Nah, that's just a cover story.

The real reason is because my birthday is on the ninth, and it's Scuba's way of paying tribute to me, as I conquered his ancestors centuries ago.

My ancestors huh so you battled against my wife's morrigans parents right MG lol ...

Also guys make sure you all pre register for free promos including your megageese!!

Bump we just got 4 new players i our area so looking like the turnout for SCC this year will be the biggest FL event of all time.

One month too go guys

Man, May's gonna be crazy !

If i relearn this cooky crazy new fangled UFS game, then I might actually come to this.

Oh and **** IT SCUBADUDE

ShippuJinrai said:

If i relearn this cooky crazy new fangled UFS game, then I might actually come to this.

Oh and **** IT SCUBADUDE

OMG Drew that would be epic if you come back and if you get Dave too join Gencon super awesome time will continue from last year!!

Yeah no kidding, Drew and Dave need to show up again :D

I know the SC crew it talking about making it down, not sure what the solidifcation of the plans are as of yet, i know a lot of our players who took breaks are coming back for set 12 as well, so we'll know what we're doing shortly.

Eithinis said:

Yeah no kidding, Drew and Dave need to show up again :D

I know the SC crew it talking about making it down, not sure what the solidifcation of the plans are as of yet, i know a lot of our players who took breaks are coming back for set 12 as well, so we'll know what we're doing shortly.

I talked too perry about this early this week around 10 people from SC are coming down , then we have 8 from north FL , 15 from tampa , 10 from my group , 6-8 from ATL and 6 random other people from other places in the south .

and a little update im having a little meeting with steve at POTM when I get there friday too go over prize support and other things for the SCC.

Me and SuperAndroid17 are planning to come down provided my vacation time comes through.

theboogerman said:

Me and SuperAndroid17 are planning to come down provided my vacation time comes through.

Sweet havent seen you guys on lately but I can't wait too have you guys down again keep me informed.

bump 2 weeks away

Bump only one week away also Vik will be making his return he called me today.