Quest 4 and ability

By Ainvar, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Can Runewitch Astarra ability activate the glyph when carrying the princess?

Tnx

Why not? Picking up the princess does not change anything beyond the reduced MP.

Astarra abilily can activate glyph at 6 square, Princess curse cant active glyph who carriyng it. The ability work?

Ainvar said:

Astarra abilily can activate glyph at 6 square, Princess curse cant active glyph who carriyng it. The ability work?

It's been a long time since I played this quest, and I can't get to my quest book right now because Descent is buried under a million other games, but I thought the rule was that the hero carrying the princess can't use glyphs (so that they can't simply take the princess to town and leave her there.) They can still activate glyphs as normal, they just can't step through without passing off or putting down the princess.

Sorry that I answered before checking… The German version of this quest actually says that the hero cannot activate a glyph - but that may be just another translation error - so we definitely need the original text.

If it really is "activating" then Astarra´s ability won´t work as long as she carries the Princess.

Parathion said:

Sorry that I answered before checking… The German version of this quest actually says that the hero cannot activate a glyph - but that may be just another translation error - so we definitely need the original text.

If it really is "activating" then Astarra´s ability won´t work as long as she carries the Princess.

I don't have the quest guide with me right now, but I'm 99% confident you cannot activate glyphs while carrying the princess

Correct, it does indeed say that you CANNOT activate a glyph with the princess in hand.