why so long for release?

By Error 718, in Tannhauser

How come it take ages for the mintures to come out?…edison seems to have been up for ages and hes still not out?…come on i want you to have my money!!

Main Factor on the lead time from design table to the shops is that the minis are produced, painted and assembled in China, just the transport time is about a month by ship…

crikey, they should wait longer before they start advertising. I mean GW has advance orders and you never have to wait long, plus they give a date.

Its not like they show a model and dont give a date for it 'hey new min for tannhauser, edison, dont he look cool?'….'well he will be out sometime this year!!'

Dusts the same, they have loads of mintures back logged from what i am told, even the ssu attack chopter didnt make it realse date and thats been advertised for like months!!…very sloppy.

Really your going to complain about FFG giving you information way in advance, and praise the almighty/overpriced GW for withholding information till the last minute, and then rushing their production (reducing quality) to hit some arbitary set release date?

I don't see any problem with some time passing between the announcement of a new product and the actual release, even more so if the announcement actually tells when to expect the product (Q3 for Edison). Mind you, if FFG hadn't announced Edison, we'd still be discussing if there would be another Tannhäuser release at all. As you probably remember, Edison was announced only days after a topic titled "Should we be expecting anything more?" was started here and several TH fans posted their opinion that there would be no more TH product. So if someone in charge actually reads this: Go on! Please announce immediately all the TH product you are going to release this year! Wait - make that this year and the next!

GW mintures are over priced cant say they aint, but the quality of the mintures are seconed to none and dont keep models held for ages with no info, the release dates for their models are good they dont 'dangly' a fab minture in front of you months and months in advance and have always (to my knowledge) met their relase date which FFG rarely ever do. I do also agree with them been mighty :) .

I love the dust models but the relase of them is a joke, they dont seem to add the stuff to the market that people really want (this is only my opinon) e.g them new super walkers with the missiles have just been added for 99.99…where is sigrid and the new joe?…or the other axis walkers that have been up for at least over 2 months? Showing a new model gets people talking but it dont last for long before people become bored, nealry 2 months is daft.

While the tannhauser figures are good, their paint jobs are only average at best, i have had lots of models now and they have marks here and there. Cant be the paint jobs that hold up these mins……

If FFG wanna expand they want to sort out there marking and information.

??! said:

So if someone in charge actually reads this: Go on! Please announce immediately all the TH product you are going to release this year! Wait - make that this year and the next!

You can say whatever you want about FFG's decision on Tannhäuser, but again they did what we (okay I) asked them to do. I admit I had thought of something different, as you probably have guessed.