Weapon Jamming

By Stilgar_, in Game Mechanics

Hello, all!

In my gaming group we played couple of sessions, and rules on Weapon Jamming seems little confusing.

So, gathering from five places in rulebook, here is scheme (highest number apply)

1. All weapons jams on natural roll of 96+
  2. If burst or suppressing fired - weapons jams on 94+
  3. Unreliable weapons jams on 91+
  4. Reliable weapons jams only on 100 (00 natural roll)
  5. Best Quality weapons never jams
  6. Spray weapons jams on roll of 9 for damage. (I guess, one damage is rolled for all targets)
  7. Reliable spray weapons don't jam.

Do I get everything right?

I'm not seeing where the Single Shot [not covered by 'standard attack' anyways] jams on 96+

As for Spray weapons, that's a problem: A Heavy Flamer jams far more often than a regular flamer, and if you, say, upgraded its damage [think ork burnas with Zappy Gubbinz, though 'ork' immediately makes this seem as though its alright since "of course they'd make things less reliable"], doing so automatically increases your chances of a jam. And what happens with tearing? Can you ignore a nine with a tearing spray weapon by replacing it with another die? I still can't tell if it jams before or after firing; surely it can't be before; otherwise you're retroactively taking your fire back just because it did too much damage?

Sprays don't retroactively jam, no.

And this is why you get them in good quality. Its only -10 more on the check. Also, I don't think I've ever heard of a tearing spray weapon.

As far as the jam on a 96+, p187, Weapon Jams.