Print on demand expansion card packs for Runebound?

By Sir Auron, in Runebound

I just came on board with Runebound this month and have noticed that all the high ranked card packs(according to BGG forums) are now oop with no news of any reprints or anything else as far as I can tell coming down the pike.This is very disheartening for a newbie to this game. Is Runebound being phased out? It seems that FFG is more interested in pushing card games than board games these days. I have also noticed that in games such as Mansions of Madness they offer print on demand expansions,so I started thinking why not make print on demand card packs for games with card pack expansions so we Runebound fans wouldn't have to search all over and pay the ridiculous prices you find on ebay and Amazon.I have 4 card packs sitting in my cart at Amazon that will cost over $200.00. I just can't see paying that much for mainly used card packs that retailed for approx. $7.00ea. I would gladly pay $15.00-$30.00 for Terrors of the Tomb,The Dark Forrest or Scepter of Kyros if they were print on demand from FFG. Seems like a missed opprotunity by FFG unless they feel Runebound is dead and is not worth the trouble or they just haven't thought of it yet! Opinions?

As far as I know, Runebound is not being phased out. I don't know that they're doing anything new for it int he foreseeable future, but I don't think it's being shut down either.

The card expansions have been OOP for quite a while now. I guess they didn't sell well enough in their old distribution model to be worth keeping in print. POD versions of these expansions would be a great way to bring them back, IMHO, although we haven't heard any official announcements to that effect, either.

runebound was one of the few ffg games that actually worked. it could be played without any changes. even solo. but runebound had two big failures : first, all these addons have been alternatives, but no addons. unlike talisman runebound never grew on the table. it wasnt possible to play the boxed maps as a campaign with growing values. nothing.

thats why unebound became boring. its always just this running around for the colored points by doing a fight. no surprises, no colour and flavour like talisman. the best addon with most new ideas was midnight - and the first mapaddon out of print forever.

When I called them the other day they told me that they have no plans to do any reprint or Print on Demand right now, but the tone in his voice made it sound like it will never happen. I'm just lucky that I found a cheap back for class cards for the blade dancer on amazon. Now my collection of things I want are complete. Good luck to everyone else out there, because eBay is the only place to find them now.