Combat Knife?

By DrewVolker, in Only War Beta

I just noticed the combat knife that was apart of quite a few of the premade characters for Eleventh Hour's equipment is not in the main core rulebook.

Basicly, I was wondering what other people thought about the combat knife? I rather liked a nice simple 1d10 damage low-tech melee weapon, but I can see why they might have not included it in the core rulebook since 1d10 is a bit high for a melee weapon that is something as simple as a knife. I also see why they included it in the pre-mades so every character had a decent melee weapon and to keep combat going rather quick, instead of having a bunch of people with 1d5 damage melee weapons.

Anyway, what are other peoples thoughts on the combat knife? Too-much for something so simple, or a good starting melee weapon that should be added in?

I think they tried give the characters the typical Catachan Machette, which is translated into a sword in the regimental rules, and it dus do 1d10+SB damage, when fixed to their rifleā€¦

Oh wow, I feel a bit silly now. Haven't thought about that, and that certainly makes sense. Thanks for the reply and clearing things up for me, haha.

A combat knife in inquisitors handbook is 1d5+3R, they describe it as being larger than the regular knife. But most experienced soldiers would just carry a sword 1d10R or a bolo knife 2d5R pen2.