Do I get a victory point when a wizard dies from the slow death I cast on them?

By paulb2, in Wiz-War

Hey,

I cast Slow Death on a wizard. Every time he draws a card he takes 1 point of damage from my Slow Death spell.

If he dies from this do I get 1 vistory point?

Slow Death is an "attack" spell so my view is yes - the wizard die's directly from my attack spell.

Some other things around this spell:

1) Can Dispel be used against it after the round it has been cast? I'm thinking no, becasue it is not a neutral spell

2) As the wizard takes damage can counter spells be used against this damage to counter, deflect it? yes - it is an "Attack" spell that keeps attacking in response to certain effects.

Basically for "Attack" spells with a duration (like Slow Death, Acid Bath) - do they count as neutral spells for dispelling after the round in which they are cast?

(I read that somewhere on the internet - seems to complicate things unnecessary to me)

paulb said:

Hey,

I cast Slow Death on a wizard. Every time he draws a card he takes 1 point of damage from my Slow Death spell.

If he dies from this do I get 1 vistory point?

Slow Death is an "attack" spell so my view is yes - the wizard die's directly from my attack spell.

Some other things around this spell:

1) Can Dispel be used against it after the round it has been cast? I'm thinking no, becasue it is not a neutral spell

2) As the wizard takes damage can counter spells be used against this damage to counter, deflect it? yes - it is an "Attack" spell that keeps attacking in response to certain effects.

Basically for "Attack" spells with a duration (like Slow Death, Acid Bath) - do they count as neutral spells for dispelling after the round in which they are cast?

(I read that somewhere on the internet - seems to complicate things unnecessary to me)

If Slow Death stays out in play as a permanent (infinity symbol), I would say "Yes".

personaly, ide say yes as well as the damage was from your curse. althought it was their choice to kill them self by drawing, the damage source is under your control

you think right -

yes and do. it is damage so only spells that can reduce damage or prevent damage would be effected, but forms (like slime that says you cant attack or be attacked) wont help you here. it isnt an attack, its an effect not an attack, when the spell comes into play however, it can be countered as normal

I don´t think so, this isn´t an attack, the card uses your attack the turn you cast it but the VP only is got if you get it with a direct attack. What is more, only if you kill him with the damage of the attack, if he dies for his own boomstone or being pushed throught a wall of fire for a waterbolt you don´t get any VP

The rule says that you get the point if you kill a wizard as a direct result of an attack. The rules also state that a curse is an attack with lingering effects on its target. There's always room for discussion, but the curse was cast directly on the target and it is your attack, and it is still active, so that's why I vote yes. If I were playing with people who say otherwise, I would comply and just keep that in mind when planning my strategy.

Dispell doesn´t says that it must be used against neutral spells, any temporary or permanent spell in play (not when is being casted) can be affected by this.

There is a very subtle diference in this case, when the rules says "direct result" I think they want to say "in that moment" (a fireball, lightning bolt, waterbolt…) but not "delayed damage" (disease, acid bath, slow death…). Look this post , there is a response of Tom Jolly saying that the damage from disease is not considered "an attack".

I think this is a good way to balance, this delayed-kind damage is hard to stop, you need a dispell, null powder or shield (this is the only counterspell that can be used against this delayed-kind damage) and these are hard to find, the last hit must be done with a direct attack which is, by far, easier to counter. If you want the VP from the kill you have to make an effort. gui%C3%B1o.gif