Orkses can't count

By Danayel, in Adventure: Against the Savages

Another confusing paragraph was the initial count off of the Ork defenders at the refinery. (emphasis mine)

"There are eight Ork Slugga Boys (see page 239) led by a Nob (see page 239) and five Gretchin led by a Runtherd (see page 240) defending the facility. One Ork is assigned to each of the nine watchtowers at all times . The remaining twenty-one Slugga Boys…The Nob rests in the Living Quarters at night and bosses around on the remaining Orks during the day time. "

How do we get (8 boys + 1 nob + 5 Grots + Runtherd) - 9 Boys (in towers) = 21 Boys

By the initial count there is actually -1 boys in the towers….

Should it perhaps be….

"There are thirty Ork Slugga Boys (see page 239) led by…"

This is all on page 257 btw.

Danayel said:

Another confusing paragraph was the initial count off of the Ork defenders at the refinery. (emphasis mine)

"There are eight Ork Slugga Boys (see page 239) led by a Nob (see page 239) and five Gretchin led by a Runtherd (see page 240) defending the facility. One Ork is assigned to each of the nine watchtowers at all times . The remaining twenty-one Slugga Boys…The Nob rests in the Living Quarters at night and bosses around on the remaining Orks during the day time. "

How do we get (8 boys + 1 nob + 5 Grots + Runtherd) - 9 Boys (in towers) = 21 Boys

By the initial count there is actually -1 boys in the towers….

Should it perhaps be….

"There are thirty Ork Slugga Boys (see page 239) led by…"

Math seems fine to me. The currently active squad is 8 Slugga Boyz, a Runtherd, and a Nob = 10 Orks.

21 additional Boyz are not actively defending the walls, and goofing off within the camp, but presumably get occasionally subbed out for the active defenders.

There are 9 towers, one for each of the active Orks, with the Nob supervising. Notice it says "One Ork is assigned to each watchtower," not "One Slugga Boy."

However, I guess it would be more clearly worded if it said 30 guarding the facility, but only 9 actively guarding the walls at any given time.