Point Blank

By Frankie, in Game Mechanics

Does PBR really need to be at 2 meters? That's pretty much 'outside of melee'. PBR in DH was much better since you could actually be within 2 or 3 meters, which can often make a difference when moving around. And three meters is REALLY short. I'd consider 3 meters 'point blank' for alot of guns.

It's 2m in Black Crusade.

BYE

And I never really understood why they needed to shrink this range. As said, 2m is nothing, and is actually within reach of a nimble close combat fighter.

I'm not sure whether a hulking chaos mutant holding an eviscerator should necessarily be considered "nimble".

… within reach of a nimble close combat and/or hulking Chaos Mutant fighter.

Better?

The point was poorly phrased, I agree. The point was supposed to be about melee fighters not being within kissing distance most of the time, but moving in and out of reach and thus frequently finding themselves about 2m apart.

2m is not far. Step in and kick will do the trick. Most melee attacks are combined with footwork, and you rarely stand still while swinging your weapon.

Thus 2m is really on the edge of being "in melee" I think.

It is, since very few people will have miniatures placed on the same hex/square.

Having PBR dependent on range obviously wouldn't work since you'd need to set a minimum and maximum range of when it'd work anyway.

Making it 3m again is fine.