Mission Assignment Logistics Results: 4+ Degrees of Failure

By Sormus, in Game Mechanics

No Mission Assignment Gear is available. The supply depot demands that the characters each
return one piece of equipment from their Standard Regimental Kit.

This probably sounds like a ridiculously stupid question, but since rules lawyering is a thing:

Who gets to decide what item to return? GM? Player? Dice?

How its written it does imply (to me atleast) that the players themselves get to choose the item, but that kinda renders the 0 result moot since everyone is going to return the Uplifting primer or any other completely unnecessary item.

Unless there are some limits imposed on what kind of an item the supply depot accepts in return or some sort of item selection mechanism deviced I don't see how the 0 result has any difference from 1 DoS result.

Sormus said:

I don't see how the 0 result has any difference from 1 DoS result.

Disregard this, I meant "I don't see how the 0 result has any real downside to it"

Personally, I think it's a silly rule anyway.

Handing back the primer is a death sentence.

You will be executed by any commissar who finds you not carrying it. (seriously)

I would say that, as the Munitorum are NPCs, and thus GM controlled, the GM would get to choose. Of course, whether or not the PCs follow through is another matter. Might even be willing to add some interesting RP opportunity with their CO or Comissar.

-=Brother Praetus=-