Making an Advanced PC

By qcipher, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

I'm trying to make an advanced PC (a Renegade) mainly to see what somewhat like this can do. My question is how to raise the Corruption and Infamy. Infamy can be raised to 40 with xp, but not beyond.

Is there a formula for gaining either stat when trying to make an advanced PC? I was thinking of randomizing it a bit, like every 500 xp roll to see if some Corruption and/or Infamy is gained. I could just spend xp but then lose out on the interesting random events from the gift of the gods and such.

There are rules somewhere in the beggining of the book that for every additional 1000xp you start with you get 5cp and 3Inf (if I remember correctly). Such rules are also used for example characters (they can start with 2000xp more) and Thousand Sons Sorcerer (about 3000xp more worth of advancements). At first advancements gained this way were not treated as such in terms of alightment (you still start with 0 in each) but in example characters they count so it's your call as long as you check alightment after 10cp (2000xp).

OK thats good, thanks.

What I was doing was every 500 xp I added, I'd roll 2 dice, 1 was corruption and 1 was infamy, whichever rolled higher, that stat got 1d5 added to it (plus I could spend the xp on Infamy up to 40). If they tied they both got 1d5. At the cp thresholds I'd roll again whichever rolled higher would determine if the pc failed and got higher corruption or succeeded, the difference being if they succeeded they could modify the roll with Infamy or possibly take a chance to get a specific gift of the gods, whereas if they failed then it was a straight roll as normal