Change Some Weapons, plz

By Frankie, in Proofreading Changes

Please bring back Variable Settings. It was great on lasguns and it's a real shame the book doesn't give it.

And personally, the DH scatter feels underpowered compared to other weapons. How about making it an additional hit per 2 DoS at Short Range?

Second the Scatter Rule, have done that since I first played DH

Santiago said:

Second the Scatter Rule, have done that since I first played DH

Same here, as it always seemed a reasonable interpretation.

• Scatter (PB) - 1 additional hit per degree of success.
  • Scatter (Short) - 1 additional hit per 2 degrees of success.

It works out pretty well.

-=Brother Praetus=-

One hit per DoS in PBR would make the shotgun very good IMO.

FFG needs to give shotiguns more love without having to make them full/semi-auto

Frankie said:

FFG needs to give shotiguns more love without having to make them full/semi-auto

But, I love my Vanaheim pattern shotgun in Dark Heresy . Nothing quite says "die a horrible, chowdery death" then a *** shot at PBR. Especially since we still play DH with the FA bonus to hit. With FA's hit per DoS, and scatter's +1 hit/2 DoS, that gets messy fast. Best I ever managed was all 6 for the FA, and +4 for scatter. Much overkill to the some things.

-=Brother Praetus=-

Especially when its your first time GMing a game, and a player does a PBR Vanaheim blast, and I misread the rules and thought the scatter chained to each hit. Did the math for it…. 8 DoSs turned into like 18 hits. It was a spectacular misreading of the rules.

KommissarK said:

Especially when its your first time GMing a game, and a player does a PBR Vanaheim blast, and I misread the rules and thought the scatter chained to each hit. Did the math for it…. 8 DoSs turned into like 18 hits. It was a spectacular misreading of the rules.

Wow! sorpresa.gif That… that would have been beautiful to behold. A one time miracle of slaughter, brought to you by He on Terra. aplauso.gif

Still, even applied correctly, there is a lot of potential for a messy death.

-=Brother Praetus=-