Descent V1 - Updated FAQ

By any2cards, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Didn't see anyone post this yet, so I thought I would. The support page has an updated FAQ for Descent V1 dated 06-19-2012.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=5&esem=4

They intend on releasing a final version 2 weeks from today. The intent is to allow us some time to review the document and ask any final questions. So, get reading.

Yikes - 30+ pages not including the dozen or so pages of errata for the quest book. No wonder a second edition is needed.

Now FFG if you just produce on of these for Tide of Iron I'd be a happy man.

So now in Sea of Blood, you can't flee off the sides of the map. Combine that with the inability to turn, and at least one sea encounter where the rock positions make it impossible to get to the other side, and I think you are suddenly screwed if you hit that encounter toward the beginning of the game. Heck, you'd be completely screwed in the event of an ambush, except that there's one rock that starts directly under the enemy ship if they choose the red zone, no matter where they choose to put the ship in that zone, so that starting location is impossible.

Rajamic said:

So now in Sea of Blood, you can't flee off the sides of the map. Combine that with the inability to turn, and at least one sea encounter where the rock positions make it impossible to get to the other side, and I think you are suddenly screwed if you hit that encounter toward the beginning of the game. Heck, you'd be completely screwed in the event of an ambush, except that there's one rock that starts directly under the enemy ship if they choose the red zone, no matter where they choose to put the ship in that zone, so that starting location is impossible.

What sea map are you referring to where it is impossible to get to the opposite side? Also bear in mind that the heroes are the only things that need to flee an encounter, not the ship itself.