What should I buy?

By fas723, in Warhammer Invasion Deck Building

Hi,

I just bought the core set today. I will use it to play draft (like in Magic, not as in the rule book) with my friends. Therefore my question to you are: What should I buy to get a good pile of drafting cards? I will buy the delux packages (maybe not the Legends), but what else? What will be best for this draft format?

Thanks!

Yeah I would suggest the delux expansions like you said. Beyond that I think any of the cycles would work fine for draft. I would probably try to use a whole cycle together in a draft cube though, normally the themes in a single cycle are intertwined in a way that would probably work well for draft.

TL

Thanks man!

The thing is I don't play must card games any more (played Magic 15 years ago), so I didn't quite understood everything you just said (sorry I'm a Swede lengua.gif ). When you say cycle; what exactly do you mean by that? Do you have any specific packs in mind? I'm thinking a particular "cycle" you would preffer.

Ok, now I know what a cycle is…

One more question: Are there any multi-fraction cards? Like dual color card in Magic? Let's say: Card that got loyatly toward two races?

As of yet. the only multi alliance card are the alliance banners.

fas723 said:

Hi,

I just bought the core set today. I will use it to play draft (like in Magic, not as in the rule book) with my friends. Therefore my question to you are: What should I buy to get a good pile of drafting cards? I will buy the delux packages (maybe not the Legends), but what else? What will be best for this draft format?

Thanks!

I advice You 3x Core Set, 2x Assault, 1x March and 1x Legends that should works well. Remember that core set and Assault have many important cards as singles, so You need two or three of them to play effectiv. I am old magic player and I also advice You to separate destruction from order, and if You draft with 8 players, choose at random who draft order and who draft destro, without separation drafted card pile could be unplayable or just not fun.

I personally like 2 x core set, assault on ulthuan and the eternal war cycle. The ambush and raider mechanics add alot of depth to the game as compared to other expansions. Other than that, bloodquest seems interesting too as it brings new legends, powerfully new artefact and potent supplementary cards into the table. Both cycle comes with a legend for each race and allows you to even bypass the Legends expansion,

Honestly, you need to have 3 copies of every card released by FFG in order to properly have the tools to put together "fun" and tournament level decks.

This is just my opinion. :)