Sculpt Flame Questions

By zorcon, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

I am a little confused on the wording of two of the ways to implement Sculpt Flame. The first effect doubles the fire's area, but states combustibles are required. The third effect allows the Psyker to expand the fire into a number of 1 meter squares equal to your WP bonus and does not mention needing combustibles.

If I have a torch (or Call Flame active), using the first effect, I could only double the fire, creating a fire equivalent to two torches only if there are combustibles around?

Conversely, if I have a torch or equivelant, using the third effect, I could then expand the fire into five (with WP bonus 5 1-meter squares weather or not there is anything to fuel the flame?

Does Call Flame count as the "fuel" to fill an entire room with a few overbleeds of Sculpt Flame? Or, does it make no difference what the source of the initial flame--there needs to be combustibles in the target area?

Let's say you have a circle of fire of 2m diameter, you use the first effect, it becomes 4m diameter. Now if you use the spread fire effect, it specify that you must choose a direction, so you can assume it creates a "line" of flames that go in the direction you want for a number of meter equal to your Willpower Bonus.

Hope it helps gui%C3%B1o.gif .

Thank you for your answer. However, I do not see where it states you have to choose a direction, and create a line of flames. My book says you may spread the fire in any direction. Is there errata I don't know about? Regardless, I still have questions. I will try to reorganize my thoughts.

1) Does "Spread fire" (the third effect of Sculpt Flame) require that the area contain combustibles like stated in the first effect, "Double a fire's area"?

2) If "Spread fire" does not require cumbustibles, then would the fire shrink back to it's initial size after Sculpt Flames is ended?

3) If Call Flame is the initial source of flame, does Call Flame need to be sustained while using Sculpt Flame to cover an area with flame?