Kent, UK Wargames Event

By Major Mishap, in Dust Tactics Organized Play

Medway Wargames Society will be putting on a Dust Tactics participation game at the Broadside wargames show in Sittingbourne, Kent. UK. Why not pop along for a game and try out the new SSU?

Sunday 10th June. 10 till 4. £3 entrance. 37 traders & 26 games.

sites.google.com/site/medwaywargamessociety/

mhwc.co.uk/broadside-2012

How was it?

Didn't find out about it till Saturday, so not enough time to sort childcare for the day. Shame.

The games went really well with the SSU winning 2 out of the 3 games. Even though the terrain was really close packed, the lack of long range firepower really did show and I designed the armies and scenario to give a balanced game. Flying in with loaded choppers is in the hands of the dice gods as to whether they will survive or not, I they can loose their cargo first and destroy the enemy AA then they are almost invulnerable for the rest of the game.

FlorisH said:

How was it?

Didn't find out about it till Saturday, so not enough time to sort childcare for the day. Shame.

Same, only read this today. More advance notice for Dust Tactics UK games please !

We'll be at Skirmish in Sidcup in September :)

Major Mishap said:

We'll be at Skirmish in Sidcup in September :)

two and a half hours drive and plenty of notice. Dont' see why I would not be able to say hello on the day (and roll some dice).

The show is a very small affair though with half of it taken up with toy soldiers, but then you've flown to Europe not to roll dice :)

Major Mishap said:

The show is a very small affair though with half of it taken up with toy soldiers, but then you've flown to Europe not to roll dice :)

The Belgium "adventure" is making it hard to convince the boss at home to let me fly to the World Championships in November.

About Skirmish, I normally don't last long when it comes to walking round tables with people selling things so I'll be hanging out at the Dust table all day, so it doesn't matter to me if there are 4 or 40 traders.