Recommended Chapter Packs

By Locovividus, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

Hi,

I'm new to this game and recently bough AGoT LCG Core Set (it's on the post). Already thinking a bit ahead, I'd like to get some of the Chapter Packs out there; however, budgetary limitations (imposed by my better half) means that I'll only be able to get one or two CPs over the immediate future. So, my question becomes, for someone who just started the game, what two CPs would you initially recommend and why (I'd like to maintain a good balance between all the houses).

Thanks in advanced for the feedback.

If you can buy just two CP for a long time and you want all houses even it would be a little hard to make it even, but there are two way I would recommend.

1. You can buy A Song of Summer and The Winds of Winter. I would say they are pretty even what Houses concerns, cause in summer is more targ and Bara and Martell and in winter there is stark and greyjoy. Lannister is in both, maybe a little weaker. In general you could use the winter/summer mechanics that adds a more strategy in the game. But I am affraid that from this and just coreset you would not be able to build 4 competitive decks, you will try but often will happen that you will lack some cards you could use in more decks.

2. As second you could try to buy The War of Five Kings and Ancient Enemies from the first cycle of CPs. In the first there is 8 great armies, but you will be slightly limited in use since there are almost no King or Queens yet. But there are good cards for every House (except Greyjoy, that is not in the coreset anyway). In the second pack there is 8 good plots for every House that could be use very well and then some additional good cards for every House (maybe Baratheon is little week in this CP but is very strong in the first one).

In adition Sacred Bonds CP is very even too, it has heralds for all houses and To be a ... events for all houses and some other good cards for all houses.

Then it varies a lot, from CP to CP.

@ Rozy:

But to use the "To be a ..." events, you need the plots from Ancient Enemies.

My advice is would be the combination Song of Summer/Winds of Winter, since they have a lot of interesting cards for all houses between them.

Or play a few times with the core set first to get a feel for what you want, then look at the card spoilers online and decide what chapter packs to buy. But I guess you knew you could do that...

Rubinon said:

@ Rozy:

But to use the "To be a ..." events, you need the plots from Ancient Enemies.

Oh my bad, I forgot about that, the lack of those plots in LCG irritates me.

I think that the Winter/Summer CP would be better, but having just 2 CP suck anyway. You could not even give Ravnes to all of the four Houses...