I've got a big green chopper

By Major Mishap, in Dust Tactics General Discussion

The first of my SSU airforce turned up today and I must say I'm quite impressed, looks a lot better than in the photo's. It, and the Chinese troops, are also army green rather than Khaki-brown like the other SSU which is a bit odd. The cockpit has interior detal including the pilots legs, the torso and clear canopy are separate making it easy to paint.

i,m looking forward to getting mine now, i ordered a 1/48 scale kamov from model hobbies to…love that the ssu can use choppers!

Yeah the canopy off is a great idea. Much easier to give interior detail now plus the base seems stable enough. Im going to add a few washer to be safe though.

can you post pictures of your chopper? :)

I'd like to know the dimensions of the helicopter for transportation foam size purposes.

DSCF2523.jpg DSCF2525.jpg

DSCF2524.jpg

There you go.

Sizes are:

Rota - 170mm dia

Max length - 155mm

Max width - 75mm

Thanks Major Mishap.

Could I get the chopper's height as well?

Also, how tall is the flight stand?

Finally, do the rotors detach?

yup, rotors just pull off and it's 85mm high, stand is 102mm high

Major Mishap said:

yup, rotors just pull off and it's 85mm high, stand is 102mm high

Excellent. Thanks!

Looks great MM!!! I have yet to touch mine. Still finishing my British army and then on to those German field guns I promised everyone.

really nice paint job that…how did you get the weathering?…sponge?……can you put up a topic with your other models? :)

Does anyone know if these are going to be recast in khaki? I'm interested in them, but as a non-painter and a non-premium buyer (maybe that's a small minority?), I pretty much am only going to pick up units primed in their army's color.

The choppers colours do match the erst of the forces. This Khaki is a very strange colour it really does change depending on the light when viewed.

I did use sponge from mini's blisters. I spayed the whole thing with army painter army green then sponged on Coat d'arms army green (most manufacturers have similar colours) the phot actually makes the two greens appear more different than they are. Coat d'arms Panzer grey was added to the corners and lightly over the body and citadel dark flesh dotted on edges to show as the vehicles primer.

Took all my tips from Loophole Masters thread in the painting section.