More Than 4?

By Thunder God, in A Game of Thrones LCG

Another quick question that I thought I would ask is if there are any provisions in any of the expansions or elsewhere for playing with more than 4 players at once. With the group I have there is a fair amount of time when there are 5-6 of us available. I just was hoping that the game could accomodate more players but am not sure if this was ever done.

The game can be played with any number of players without any changing or modifying the rules. In fact, it was commonly played with 6 people before the LCG Core Set first came out and made everyone think the game maxed out at 4. The whole reason there are 6 titles is because they were originally designed for 6-player games.

6 is pretty much the maximum, though. Turns take forever and people start getting bored waiting for so many people to get through Marshaling and Challenges.

This is good to know! You would think that they might have made that clear in the rulebook that the game is not just a 2-4 player one. As soon as I get my hands on cards to make Martel and Greyjoy decks we shall try playing with 5-6 players and see how it goes.

My friends play quite a few 5-player games and a few 6. It works really well!

I do prefer playing two 3-player games at the same time and then rotating than one big game. The game does bog down when you have to keep track of so many different cards in play.

Also note that several players may use the same House in a given game.