Greyjoy House Card

By Thunder God, in A Game of Thrones LCG

I have just started playing the Game of Thrones LCG and have been picking up stuff for it as fast as I can! Everyone who has played it has really enjoyed the game. I have gotten the resin house cards for Baratheon and Martel and understand that a third one was made as well for Greyjoy. Does anyone know where I could lay my hands on one of these? I hope the FFG makes the cards for the other houses as well as the players really seem to dig the cards to pile their power upon.

The Greyjoy resin card was originally included in the Kings of the Sea expansion box. It added considerable expense to the box. To my knowledge, it was never packaged for separate sale. I'm also not sure, given that the Kings of the Sea expansion is about to be reprinted, that the original boxes with the resin cards House cards are still available anywhere.

I would not expect to see resin cards for any of the other Houses. The Martell and Baratheon ones were, by and large, commercial failures.

That is unfortunate. You would think that they would have started off with Stark, Lannister, Targ instead of going with Martel and Greyjoy. At least Baratheon makes sense for one of the first to get done. I guess I will have to dig around for someplace that might still have copies of the old version of the Greyjoy box so I can get my hands on that one at least. If anyone happens to know where one might be found, please let me know!

i found mine by asking old players from my community. Some of them had three and were using it as soapdishs. Asking players on the forum directly may be the fastest way

Fair enough!

Is there anyone out there who has a Greyjoy House Card that would be willing to part with it?

I'm also looking for a House Greyjoy Resin card.

Thanks

Is there really no one out there who either has a Greyjoy House Card who would be willing to part with it (for payment of course) or knows of where one could be obtained?

I have tied EBay, Noble Knight, various online stores amoungst others but to no avail so far. My eldest son is our Greyjoy player and he is jealous of his brothers who run Baratheon and Martel decks and have their own house cards! I need help to restore the balance!

Erik

I think I may have an extra one I can part with.

This would be a very good thing! If you do, PM me and I am sure we can work something out.

Erik

Are we not talking about the House cards that come with the LCG Core Set?

No. We are talking about the squid-shaped resin House card that came with the original (unrevised) Kings of the Sea expansion.

ktom said:

No. We are talking about the squid-shaped resin House card that came with the original (unrevised) Kings of the Sea expansion.

Anybody remember how everybody hated the damned things back in the day, and how people would come up with creative ways to get rid of them? And now they've become a sought-after commodity, LOL. I wonder how people who just threw them away back then feel now?

Ratatoskr said:

ktom said:

Anybody remember how everybody hated the damned things back in the day, and how people would come up with creative ways to get rid of them? And now they've become a sought-after commodity, LOL. I wonder how people who just threw them away back then feel now?

Really? I don't know anyone in my meta that didn't love the thing. It almost made me want to play Greyjoy. Almost.

No one ever really objected to them as "ugly" or "bad."

The hatred came from the fact that in order to get 3 copies of all the Greyjoy cards, you had to buy 3 copies of the Greyjoy expansion box. The resin House card, which you only needed one of regardless of how cool you thought they were, added $15-20 to the cost of the box. So it's not that people disliked the card itself, - they disliked the fact that they represented an effectively valueless increase in the price of the cards.

I found an extra one of these while cleaning up my cards today. If anyone is still looking, send me a PM.

I'd like to get ahold of one of these if anyone has one.

Hi there I rwould love to get that greyjoy resin house card off you . Please msg me your asking price. Thank you.

Or if anyone else has a Greyjoy resin houe card ty are willing to part witpls msg me.Thx.

I have seen one on ebay recently. Might be worth a look?

I have one I'd be willing to part with for the right price. Message me with an offer if interested.

Also looking for the Greyjoy resin card. All three to be truthful. Anybody wanna help a new player? These cards are really cool. And I am a collector of Game of Thrones memerabilia. Please PM me or contact me. Best and quickest way is by e-mail: [email protected]

Thank you so much!!!

I have 3 of them. PM with an offer. I will not ship ouside of the US.