First expansion coming

By Julia, in Gears of War: The Board Game

Here . I guess Dam (and many others) will be happy :-)

Do we get the corresponding miniatures for the new enemies?

Yay! New Mission! Yay! New cards! But sadly no miniatures added….

It includes new AI cards but is a print-on-demand product. So when mixing the new and the original AI cards in the core set, the difference can be spotted, I doubt that will the new and old enemies be mixed in a mission?

I find it a weird POD, although pretty cool to see GoW having some love trown it's way, including "new" enemies but not including minis and tokens…

I'll pass.

Very happy to see an expansion for the game. As it's never been translated over here, there won't be the usual problem of waiting for a localized version.

Now, let me figure out how much it costs to have it shipped across the pond…

Its great that FF are making expansions for this game but i just wish they'd add more tiles and minis. As the board game is based on gears 1&2 i'd love FF to make an expansion of gears 3. It could have more "outside" tiles and have different COGs and include Lambent minis and cards. It could also include a team based 3-way scenario, in which one team are COGs and another is Locus and they fight waves of lambent and each other. Just an idea but one i'd kill to have :) .

These PODs are usually quicker to produce than a larger expansion, and I'm pretty sure FFG uses them to gauge interest in future expansions, both POD and box. Getting two more missions isn't a bad deal, and if they are like the Mansions of Madness PODs they will contain all the necessary cards so that print quality doesn't give a hint as to which card could be coming up next. I'm interested in seeing how the General will work, as I don't recall any rules for a unique character in the game, though it has been quite some time since I've played GoW.

There is Skorge in Hive in the base game already, when you hit Stage 3, remove all Kantus from the map, replace Kantus card with Skorge card and Skorge uses Kantus AI cards. With Raam packing 8hp, I think we might get a Boomer fig to use as him, although I could see the Berserker wound token being used as well (since the scenario description says we first need to kill the Berserker, maybe have Raam replace her in the last stage?).

I was REALLY happy to see this PoD,I picked up the General Ramm fig from HeroClix & now I'll be able to use the fig.I also got the Skorge fig which I have been using.The scale is right to match FFG figs (just a rebase & good to go).

I would like to see new figs for the Locust we have to proxy for babeo.gif

OD

I would have preferred a real expansion, in a box. I don't like the proxying, that's not why I play board games.

Here's hoping GoW goes down the Mansions of Madness route, POD, POD, box, POD, POD (I think that's the order). MoM route when it comes to expansions, not the crazy amount of misprints and rule-errata.

Old Dwarf said:

I was REALLY happy to see this PoD,I picked up the General Ramm fig from HeroClix & now I'll be able to use the fig.I also got the Skorge fig which I have been using.The scale is right to match FFG figs (just a rebase & good to go).

I would like to see new figs for the Locust we have to proxy for

OD

I too hope FFG will go that route and to make sure I contribute to this idea, I ordered the POD :)

When I bought GoW I wasn't sure at all i'd love it just cause it's based on a video game that I didn't like that much. But after playing 3 times Emergence and not succeeding even once, I fell in love with this game.

Bring a hardcore difficulty like that anytime! Love it!