How about a miniatures or board game similar to "Twisted Metal"?

By Sartredes, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

I was thinking that a miniatures game or board game based on something like the Twisted Metal franchise would be cool.

The vehicles could have some base stats: movement, armor (damage mitigation), agility (base to-hit value), and some basic weapons attached to the vehicle. Weapons having range/damage type/damage value/ammo type . Certain vehicles may have a vulnerability to a particular damage type.

The vehicle miniatures could be modular to allow for adding up to a set number of upgrades at a cost of reducing movement and/or mitigation and/or agility.

Just a thought for something different.

I'd also love to see a rendition of "Car Wars" that is more accessable to the casual boardgamer... I have fond memories of designing my cars and seeing them hollowed out by my brother's linked mini-rocket pods :-)

I thought that Steve Jackson's updated and simplified Car Wars was promising, and was dissapointed when the line was dropped. I felt that their approach to selling the game was completely wrong (selling two cars with the rules to play is fine, but selling a second set with two different cars and the rules to play... well...) and I thought it could've been dealt with much better.

Building a Car Wars style game (perhaps as a circuit race similar to Formula De, but with guns) as a fast paced boardgame would be a wonder to behold. Personally I love the weapon mechanics for games like Doom and Descent, and I think it would adapt well here.

I am happy to see that people are wanting exactly the game I am producing. Twisted Metal:CARnage is a board game equivalent to twisted metal and vigilante 8 hybridized in an exquisitely unique way. For example, one vehicles special weapon allows it to take control of the target players next turn. Each vehicle will have three customizable upgrade slots ensuring that a different car is played every time,even if the same vehicle sheet (character) is used.The reverse side of vehicle sheets will feature driver bios and detailed special weapon descriptions. -Tricolor games