Movement for Fantasy Flight to Update Official Cosmic Errata/FAQ

By Tiz, in Cosmic Encounter

This is a call to arms for all fans of Cosmic Encounter to write in to Fantasy Flight, and ask them to update the Official Cosmic Errata/FAQ.

Fantasy Flight has not updated this since May, 6 2009! Since then 60 aliens have emerged from the cosmos. We now have 110 aliens interacting with each other. These aliens all have unique powers, 113 flares each having a wild and super ability. A Rewards Deck with rifts, kickers, new artifacts, crooked negotiations has added more card variety. Hazard Cards that can drastically change gameplay, and a Team Variant with its own set of rules have all entered the game with delight from us all. However, this enjoyment can sometimes be tarnished with confusion and uncertainties. Our games can sometimes turn into ravenous arguments about who should win, what trumps what, and why does the Glutton look like a giant brain eating spaghetti? Desperately we seek answers. Asking our fellow players what is right. As the ancient Romans we discuss our beliefs in forums. We search for clarification and help each other as best we can.

The official rules, however, must come from the authority of Fantasy Flight. They can settle the arguments. They can be the neutral third party that can bring balance to our cosmic encounters. It is ridiculous that with three expansions, the Official Errata/FAQ has not been updated in three years! I think that is a huge oversight by the company and would really appreciate an update as soon as possible.

Seriously speaking, I ask for all us fans to write in to Fantasy Flight and ask them for an update to the Cosmic Encounter Errata/FAQ ASAP.

To do this just scroll to the bottom of this page, or any other page on this website. At the very bottom of the page, click on -Rules Questions- It will take you to the support page where you can type your name and email. Scroll to Cosmic Encounter on the "Game" bar. Then in the message box type in:

"When will the Official Cosmic Encounter Errata/FAQ be updated? It has not been updated in 3 years and we deserve a new version that includes clarifications for all the expansions."

I believe if we all make enough noise we will be heard and can finally receive some official explanations for many of our questions. It is always nice to interact with fellow fans. These forums show that we are all passionate about our game, and would be very appreciative for some clearly defined answers.

I want this to help us all play this wonderful game without having to pause to argue about rules, or get bogged down by confusion due to vagueness.

All doneā€¦.

Thanks

Agreed.

In the meantime, all Cosmic fans should be checking out the *amazing* work that Bill Martinson has done on the "Cosmodex" over at Boardgamegeek.com:

boardgamegeek.com/thread/536444/the-cosmodex-2-0-an-encyclopedia-for-cosmic-encoun

The Cosmodex is a veritable encyclopedia for Cosmic Encounter and Bill has painstakingly compiled errata, FAQ, developer commentary and other notes to create a centralized hub of knowledge for anyone who plays the game. Highly recommended.

I agree, It's time to make a new FAQ.