noob question

By will222, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

are any of the CCG cards legal for LCG play, and if so where can i get a list. i ask this because i see some of the cards are the same.

In general, there are no CCG cards that are legal for LCG organized play.

- Some of the CCG cards have been reprinted with modifications in the LCG. These cards are usually updated for rules that have changed or to add things like traits and crests. The old CCG cards (without the modifications) are not legal in the LCG.

- Some of the CCG cards have been directly reprinted, word for word, in the LCG. Technically, the old CCG cards, being the same, could be used in place of the LCG cards. However, if you don't already have them, it is far easier to get the LCG reprints. With the fixed product, you know exactly which packs to buy.

- There is one class of cards that kind of crosses the two formats. The 6 "Clash of Arms" Chapter Packs (the 6 listed on this link: http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=10&esem=2&esum=19 ) are considered by many to be "CCG cards" because they have black boarders (instead of the white ones that started with the Core Set, the official beginning of the LCG) and were released before the Core set. However, they are (by virtue of their fixed, Chapter Pack release) considered part of the LCG and are legal in LCG play.

Hope this answers the question. The answer is a little more complicated than it seems it should be....