The big question - what is the card distribution?

By dboeren1, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

They don't post to their forums for any of their LCG's with any regularity they do post to the specific minisites they set up. While I play a number of their board games I've never even peaked into their other forums so I don't know if they have designers and producers posting their regularly but I was under the distinct impression that it was a company policy to not engage in discourse on the forums. I would find that double standard to be more than a little strange.

Anarchosyn said:

Me : In essence, they're abusing the fact this game is loved and well known. It gives them license to take their time with information, knowing people will stay firmly baited to the hook (which, when you think about it, is the only real business purpose of preview information).

In essence, your argument seems to be "if they don't provide me as much information as I want, when I want it, then they're a bunch of jerks".

It doesn't quite work that way. This is their game. They can release it however they want, and they can handle previews however they want. I may wish that it would come out faster, or have more cards, or be cheaper, or that a full deckbuilding web page was already up - but I understand that I don't have any control over these things.

I do agree with you on the forum software though, this is BY FAR the worst forum software I've seen and I've been on a lot of different forums.

It should be noted these forums are actually hosted by Edge, a foreign partners of theirs… hence "edge_foros" in the url which translates to edge forum.

dboeren said:

FFG has already stated that they will have the rulebook up before Gencon. No specific date has been given, but it WILL be there.

Did I miss this somewhere? The news article about GenCon says the tournament rules will be posted, but mentions nothing about the game rules themselves.

Buhallin said:

dboeren said:

FFG has already stated that they will have the rulebook up before Gencon. No specific date has been given, but it WILL be there.

Did I miss this somewhere? The news article about GenCon says the tournament rules will be posted, but mentions nothing about the game rules themselves.

The e-mail after purchasing a ticket for the Netrunner tournament repeated the event description, plus:

"To familiarize yourself with the Android: Netrunner before the tournament, you may download the rules from the Android: Netrunner website at http://tinyurl.com/an-support"

It sounds like they expect to make the game rules available some time before the tournament….

Also, wow, this little post-writing app FFG has is horrible. I can't make a quote block other than the one in the post I'm directly quoting? Why is there a bizarre popup intercepting paste?

Chrondeath said:

Also, wow, this little post-writing app FFG has is horrible. I can't make a quote block other than the one in the post I'm directly quoting? Why is there a bizarre popup intercepting paste?

This forum basically just goes "Ooh, I don't like youuu" and then goes to astonishing lengths to mess with your head. That's been my experience, at least.

I really wish FFG would convince/demand for Edge to use some other forum software this is horrid. Seriously. I know they aren't a technological company, but there has GOT to be someone else they could outsource this to.

It's been available for preorder for well over a month, when will we find out the card distribution ?

It's not clear how many base sets we'll need to have a tournament ready collection.

Three, almost guaranteed, if by tournament ready collection you mean the maximum number of cards possible to include in a deck.

But it is Netrunner, you don't need every card x3 to be competitive, you just need to be a better player.

would most likely be 1 of every card especially with "7 factions", 4 corp 3 runner was it at?

Penfold said:

Three, almost guaranteed, if by tournament ready collection you mean the maximum number of cards possible to include in a deck.

But it is Netrunner, you don't need every card x3 to be competitive, you just need to be a better player.

I want to clarify this, be a better player than your opponent, not be a better player than you currently are. :)

The game is so much about strategy and bluffing that it is entirely possible to win consistently just by being a stronger player. The cards of course can help make up for skill disparity, but if you are not playing in tournaments there is no reason to buy three core sets.