Lexington Regional Tournament - May 12

By Kaine82, in Warhammer Invasion Organized Play

I contacted the Rusty Scabbard(Chris Hurt specifically) to get the low-down since they don't seem to be advertising it anywhere. Chris sat he is expecting 10 - 16 people.

When:
Saturday, May 12, 2012
Registration starts at 11:00am
Tournament begins at 12:00pm

Where:
Rusty Scabbard - google directions
820 Lane Allen Rd.,
Lexington, KY 40504
(859) 278-6634

Cost:
register before that Saturday: $10.00
registration on Saturday: $15.00

So what went down in Lexington? Did the Louisville people travel up for this one? I'm still jealous of Kentucky's two regionals!

I really wanted to go to it, but I couldn't get a babysitter that day.

There are 2 shops in Lexington that play(the battleforge and the rusty scabbard), but they don't talk to each other. The Louisville group has mainly been in contact with the guys at the battleforge(they post on bluegrassgamers.com ) and they didn't go to either regional. The guys at the rusty scabbard must be isolationist because they don't talk to anyone as far as I know and didn't even post anything about there event to promote it at all.

From what I'm told the rusty scabbard players are comprised of around 8 guys that play on thursdays. I plan on driving down to play on their league night this week to get the skinny. I'll post it here when I find out.

Just called the rusty scabbard. They had 3 people play and a chaos/undead deck won.

The Rusty Scabbard Game Store - Lexington KY

My friend Jason and I took a little road trip to the Rusty Scabbard to take part in their league night. They are a great bunch of guys and the owner Chris is really nice!

The highlight of the evening was playing against Jowimus ' unitiless High Elf deck. I've have talk a lot of crap about how bad I think the HE are, but they are getting better. As their toolbox of answers to every problem gets bigger I don't think it will be long before we start seeing them pop up more as a winning faction.

I didn't get a chance to play against the Lexington regional winning deck(that guy was busy watching a heroclix game for some reason), but Jason eventually did. It was a chaos undead deck that would bats you until Bloodthirster hit the KO pile and then he would Raise Dead . Jason said it was pretty good, but could use some more speed.

Overall we had a really good time and hope to make it out again soon!

It was great seeing you guys as well! I'm glad I got to play against your Empire deck, as thats not one that I typically see at the Battleforge. I made a few tweaks to my unitless deck after our matchup, so look out!

It was a ton of fun! Erin might be going to her mom's again on Thursday so hopefully I can make it out again this week. I'll keep you posted.

I could probably go to the Scabbard until about 8ish since my fiance will be busy until about then. I'm trying to foster a better relationship between the people at the SCabbard and the people at the Battleforge.

Won't be there tomorrow, but hope to make it out again soon.