Wings of War Convention Play

By BBPlainwell, in Wings of War (WWI)

I live in Michigan and was wondering if anyone could recommend a convention (200 miles travel max) where there is a good chance to see WOW played. I just went to Winter Wars and didn't have any luck and would like to peek the game play before I take the plunge and buy WOW.

Heh. wait for GenCon. You'll be sure to see WOW there... most definitly.

Take the plunge anyway. you won't regret it. I don.t

I originally bought 1 plane because it looked cool. then I bought another ust because. then I needed to have the rules because I wanted to try it. (you can download the rules from the website without spending cash on them.)

Buy two planes, or better yet, buy one booster pack of cards. download the rules and give it a try. the ruler is about 8 inches long with a 4 inch half-way point. for damage, just use 2d6. it's not accurate, but any die that rolls a 1 means no damage is dealt at all. that's what I did to try it first.

Then if you like it, buy any of the three sets to get damage deck A.

Of course once you do take the plunge, you can curse me all you want as you'll be spending money like it's going out of style because of how fun the game is.

Heck, my brother who's not into gaming loves the game. His son got into it, as well as now 3 of his friends too. Our little gaming group has grown pretty big and we enjoy large 6-8 plane games.