My First Impressions of Dust Warfare

By Digitalist, in Dust Warfare

Hi Guys, just registered here.

I want to share my first impressions on the game after reading the rulebook in some length. I've posted my review on a website I'm part of here . It's kind of long so I won't re-post the whole thing here.

Anyway I just wanted to run it by posters here first because you might be interested and second because I want to make sure I'm understanding the mechanics correctly.

Thanks

ah, ive seen TYG casts before. From a quick skim it sounds like you've got it right.

edit - cover does not decrease the number of incomming hits - it adds sucsessful armor rolls.

eg is a tier 2 inf unit rolls 2 dice (a hit and a miss), but was in hard cover, it counts as having scored 3 hits, thus negating 3 damage.

I'll simply add my own first impressions article to this thread: Dust Tactics - First Impressions at Fire Broadside!

Overall I'm quite excited abou the game although there were a couple of things that we didn't quite "get", like how to make effective use of the command phase. Guess we should think about regrouping more…

My buddies converted (and not finished) Pounder…

I think the command phase is mostly for bypassing reactions. and regroup. =]

Snowshadow said:

I think the command phase is mostly for bypassing reactions. and regroup. =]

thats my impression as well. you use it to push up or pull back without massed return fire. possibly to suppress units for action in the unit phase as well.