Telekinesis and Precision telekinesis

By Bragollach, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

First. Hi to all and thanks for taking the time to read this.

I was thinking of this, With telekinesis you can lift any object around, it has only AFAIK weight restriction, but i dont see a quantity restriction, it doesn't really says is just an object or multiple objects with the total of object not exeeding the allowed weigth.

So what if you could lift multiple las pistols and aim them, and fire them with precision telekinesis.

So if you could lift several guns could you fire just one? could you fire all of them? and more paradoxical you are making an attack and a psychic power in the same round, does it break the rule of only one of those actions? Will you use BS or WP to determine the outcome of the fired gun?

If this is answered somewhere else I apologise, I didnt find it on the new forums

Telekinesis allows you to manipulate multiple objects with the precision of a plastic bag ( you can move the object or guns pretty much around as you wish, but you have little to no control of what way they are pointing as if the guns were in a plastic bag and your holding the handle.

precision telekinesis might be able to point and fire a gun, or pull the triggers of multiple gun, but you could also just take the bullet and direct it at you unforttuate opponents eyes.

and you can sustain both skills and introduce you enemies to homing granades.

I agree that homing grenades is one of the first thing that came to my mind. But those are not easy to come by.

Now imagine something like the magneto scene from the first x-men for comparison, pointing a gun to each of your enemies. That's much better than propelling small missiles to deadly effect, for which no damage is stated and no penetration either.

How do you handle that? I mean you could take control of maybe 10 autopistols and fire them all in auto fire that is 6 bullets each so you have a very nice 60 bullets wall. And precision telekinesis allows you to replace any characteristic roll with WP so you will be aiming with WP which in the case of a psyker is far more than BS, in this way you gain the damage tipe of the gun, and its penetration (imagine like 6 bolt pistols, now with reaping as errata 2.0)

Or take control of 4-5 shotguns and go mad shotting all at the same time to the same target, massive damage anyone?

Will you rule that because precision telekinesis says its like you were handling the objects you can shoot only 2 guns at a time?

Will you apply autofire bonus? distance? etc etc.

I'm the only one seeing a possible loophole here?

Or would you rule that Telekinesis only allows the movement of one object at a time?

Telekinesis i would rule objects like the bricks in thenearby rubble or the pencils and quills in that jar only one area of focus you may ofc move your focus and objects to more objects and pick them up to.

Precision telekinesis was not speccifically meant to hold 3 lasguns, you might house rule that you can manipulate 1 pistol for each 10 overbleed.

And if why not some shotgun pistols at point blank range?

Tough oringinally precision telekinesis meant to handle any great forces, with the hard things as turning a rusty key in a door thats a bit stuck.

I don't see anything in the rules that implies you could fling bullets to deadly effect with TK; no more than if you were to pick them up and throw them with your hands, at any rate.

Precision Telekinesis states "undo latches and direct small projectiles to deadly effect ". That's not specific enough, I mean some can argue that means knives and pointy things another that bullets should be inlcuded.

In my example im using TK to LIFT the gun/guns and then Using Precision TK to aim and fire.

Both powers can be sustained so the "combo" is Lift one or multiple Guns of your choice (not exeeding weigth limit, for the total of objects) And Point them and Jog the triggers with Precision TK.

Still not seeing that the rules prohibit this specially, only common sense, which in the 41st millennium is non existent.

i would then go to the point of allowing it in the same as you shoot two guns if you have one in each hand.

just because you can "hold" the guns your still going to aim them individually, so still limteded to one shot/burst per round in my opinion.

I fail to see where Telekinesis allows one to hold more than one item. Also, except on Point Blank range, aiming those guns will be extremely hard - I'd probably consider it firing blindly if you don't have some means of sighting.

"direct small projectiles to deadly effect"

I see this as using the rules for throwing items, substituting WP for S.