What expansions do you own

By Aussie_Digger2, in Tide of Iron

Hi everyone, I have been working on a custom scenario (for some time now) Which uses the base game and FotB. I have got some other ideas for some more scenarios too now that im getting close to finishing play testing for my current one (hopfully will post it on BBG within the next month, I only have 1 or 2 people where I live that play ToI so it can be hard to arrange a game, not to mention im a shift worker)

Anyway my new ideas are on the eastern front aswell but will require the use of Normandy and DotF, so I just wanted to find out do most people who own FotB, own Normandy and DotF?

Aussie_Digger said:

Anyway my new ideas are on the eastern front aswell but will require the use of Normandy and DotF, so I just wanted to find out do most people who own FotB, own Normandy and DotF?

I have them all, in multiple copies... sigh...

All, but only 1 copy of each.

I don't need more because there are not many people here in my town that play such games.
And if i find someone he usually doesn't know english at all, meh...

Cool, i also own 2 copies of everything too, I just wanted to make sure if I made some scenarios that used all the expansions most ToI fans woul be able to play them.

If combining Normandy, base-game, DoF AND FoB you can create a preaty big battle, so hell yes :D But please dont requiere more than one of any single expansion.

I one copy of all of the available expansions. My friend also owns 1 copy of all of them as well.

I was only looking at using 1 copy from each. the scenarios i have in mind use 9 , 12 , 16 boards but needing the use of elements from some or all expansions. with the 16 needing alot of russian troops (but I can easily use the US troops to represent a punishment unit and the russian figures as the normal troops)

Use the british instead. They are of far better quality, plasticwise atleast.

KlausFritsch said:

Aussie_Digger said:

I have them all, in multiple copies... sigh...

Ditto. That is, one of each, except for the map expansion and FoTB of which I own two each ( i didn't want to wait to get a larger Russian army, assuming that's going to happen one day).

I dont think there will be enough Brit regular infantry, the base game came with more USA figures

I want a map expansion with open, empty summer, winter and desert boards.

Just got the base game, plan to collect all the expansions in due time…

While reading the rules and scenarios, and perusing the online user submitted stuff, I have been thinking that it would be a cool idea to expand on the user submitted "buy point" system. This would include points for purchasing strategy decks and even operations cards as well (within limits). In addition, there should be a system to emulate the TOE as well as styles of each nationality (for example, Germans should have a better officer:squad ratio than all the others to reflect that they had a lot of good squad leaders, while it is the opposite for the russians)….to make the game more realistic without complicating the simple and fast nature of the game….

This would depend on what year of the war it was, as the germans had excellent tractical leaders in the early stages of the war but as time went on and most of their experianced troops were casualties or most were on the eastern front. The base game takes place after the normandy landing where alot of 2nd rate troops were encountered. Dont get me wrong there were some good formations but not at the standard of the 39,40,41 formations in regards to leadership for the most part.

I've posted on BoardgameGeek's forums on the Buy Point system…

Just a suggestion for a Meeting engagement scenario..

Search for the Tides of Iron general forums thread "Exanded Buy Point system", as this forum doesn't allow me to post the link…

own em all plus the additional boards and scenario book, but haven't played much..only 2-3 people in memphis who play these so far..most of my gamer friends are ASL snobs. Very interested in new scenarios although I have a way to go with the one's in Fox, Bear and Normandy.

1. Days of the Fox

2. Normandy

3. VolksSturm Edition TOI

Volksturm edition..meaning ToI with a lot of house rules?

I have DotF, will be getting Normandy and FoTB, plus the designer scenario book…

I just noticed that the mapboards of the base ToI game I just bought look like those in the map expansion pack, and that the rulebook already has the errors corrected as per the ToI FAQ..this means I probably won't be needing the map expansion pack at all, unless I want more boards for custom scenarios..

2 of each, including expansions, one map pack, and the scenario book. Sigh, if FFG would just act like they cared …

I just got the Normandy and Designer's Edition book….

Next month or 2, the FotB expansion..

I own the base game, the Normandy expansion and the scenario book

I would have more, but, I just have not scrounged up any opponents, so it just is not pressing.

10mm models (metal) which could have been used to make molds for plastic models for Fury of the Bear expansion:

t34_76_1.jpg

10mm scale (like TOI models) T-34/76 gun tanks from Pendraken with turret that looks like a T-34 turret.

t34_85.jpg

10mm scale T-34/85 gun tanks from Pendraken.

lurkio.co.uk/blog/for-sale/10mm-ww2-russian-tanks