Tokens?

By Grim6, in Dust Warfare

I've got the book pre-ordered, but in looking at the previews, it seems like we will need specific tokens for play. Is there any plan to release token packs? Or even a pdf with printable tokens?

there have been no announce ments for warfare specific tokens yet. I plan on using colored glass markers for now.

I seem to remember reading that there was a page or two of tokens in the book that you could either cut out the page or scan / photocopy.

I'll be using whatever little tokens I can scrounge from other games or find at stores. I have hit tokens from Heroscape, for example, that are small and stackable, which seem perfect for suppression.

Check out Litko. They have BILLIONS of custom markers and counters.

Advanced Deployment does also. Just ordered a bunch from them

Not strictly relevant but hopefully still ok: Anyone know where I can get any more of those Dust dice?

I got the six from the core set but I'd like some more.

hoard of bits sells them, they are from parted out rcs.

Dakkon426 said:

hoard of bits sells them, they are from parted out rcs.

Dunno about the dice, but I just ordered a Lara from them. it should be here anytime. They seem very good and the prices are fantastic.

Unfortunately they do not seem to have the dice atm =( but yes, the prices are great. I'm tempted to pick up another Hans walker as it seems to pack a real punch with it's rockets.

Any other ideas on dice?

There are companies that make custom dice.

If you can find an old game of "Dust" (not "Dust Tactics" or "Dust Warfare") they have identical dice only they are brown instead of black.

You can always just use regular dice with success on 5 or 6.

If you can find an original Core Set, it is great value and comes with 12 more dice.

I'm sure they will eventually sell dice separately. I mean, if anyone wants to just play with SSU, they will want dice and have no way to get them.

felkor said:

If you can find an old game of "Dust" (not "Dust Tactics" or "Dust Warfare") they have identical dice only they are brown instead of black.

If you can find an original Core Set, it is great value and comes with 12 more dice.

I'm sure they will eventually sell dice separately. I mean, if anyone wants to just play with SSU, they will want dice and have no way to get them.

It would be more fitting to use the 1 and the 6 if your going to use d6s. Cause they are on the other sides of each other like the dust dice.

who says it is the 1 and 6? maybe it is the 2 and 4. <actually not sure if they are opposite, really don't care enough to check =] >

Given how often I roll ones, I think I'd be better off going twos and fives. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Snowshadow said:

who says it is the 1 and 6? maybe it is the 2 and 4. <actually not sure if they are opposite, really don't care enough to check =] >

The opposite sides spots add up to 7 :)

Raven1man said:

felkor said:

It would be more fitting to use the 1 and the 6 if your going to use d6s. Cause they are on the other sides of each other like the dust dice.

Dust Warfare rulebook specifically says when using standard dice treat the results of 5 and 6 and Hit results.

larkinvain said:

Dust Warfare rulebook specifically says when using standard dice treat the results of 5 and 6 and Hit results.

To me this makes no sense, 1''s and 6''s would match the existing dice… odds are the same I guess but still…

Ya this just "feels" wrong to me since the dice you''d have from buying the Tactics stuff are the ones they suggest. The hits aren''t even on the same sides as 5/6''s.

shrug.

Likely because the odds are the same and it is easier to remember/ say.

Guidebot said:

Not strictly relevant but hopefully still ok: Anyone know where I can get any more of those Dust dice?

I got the six from the core set but I'd like some more.

http://www.dustgame.com/products_d.php?nid=17&id=269

Dust games sells packs…