1985 vs current

By Cooley, in Warrior Knights

I would like to hear from someone who owns both the 1985 version and current version to know how true to the game it stayed or what interesting changes might have come around in the new version. I myself have the 1985 version and LOVE it. So I was thinking of getting this one...

hi

don't know about that version, but the "new one" is my favourite boardgame! :) So if you like that version im sure you will love this one:)

Bruno

If you can wait till Thanksgiving time, last year they were selling the core game for $25 at the FFG online store as part of Black Friday week. I wish I picked up a copy myself but alas I did not. You can wait like me to see if you can grab it then too.

Amazon.com has some copies from subsellers starting at 27$, if any of you is interested

Julia said:

Amazon.com has some copies from subsellers starting at 27$, if any of you is interested

Oh really!? I will if I nab this job today. Turning from temp to full-time employee hopefully.

Tromdial said:

Oh really!? I will if I nab this job today. Turning from temp to full-time employee hopefully.

These are very good news :-)

Unfortunately I can't compare as I only have the new version, but Warrior Knights is a game very close to the heart for me as it's my gateway game. I didn't really think much of boardgames until I came across Warrior Knights which really opened my eyes.

Personally, I love the FFG edition. My gaming group all agree with we on how wonderful the game is.

Love the new as well. Having never played the old, I know that they replaced all dice for cards in the game; aside from that, you can probably find detailed comparisons on the net or BGG.

The small and cheap expansion is also a must.

I really enjoyed GOT but is more for 6 players. WK has deeper battle mechanics and is much more deeper in strategy then GOT plus 4 players is usually the best option. Both games are hard to learn at first and takes time to play and control it. If you dont have people who can play these games for 6 hours then dont buy neither as you will usually find it hard to teach new players and most of then wont sacrifice 6 hours for one game.