Uhh dissapointment?

By maddy4, in Rune Age

So I played this game a number of times. And I can't say that I didn't enjoy, but I certainly got disappointed.

I thought that this game was a deck building game, like dominion, but with more interaction between players, and the graphic art which is amazing.

But it certainly is nothing like dominio, or any other GOOD deck building game. you can't really form a strategy, because all of your cards are ALWAYS the same! and the neutral pile (which is the fun, the strategy changer, the card destroyer and almost 90% of the game) is just so unvaried! AND it has just enough for 1 card for each player, if you're lucky you get 2 copies of it (doesn't matter the number of players) and if not, then you can end up with none. and some cards, are unlike "Mind Control" or different kinds of units, they don't get destroyed and sent back to the original neutral pile, THEY STAY AT THE RESPECTIVE DECK OF THE LUCKY BASTARED WHO GOT LUCKY IN HIS DRAW PHASE. (like force marched, battle cry, etc.)

Of course there's the element of luck, but I mean COME ON, you don't get a chance to get even with everyone else, because you're outta neutral pile decks the major deck boosters comes from there. I don't understand why there's only 5 copies of a card in a 4 player game. you get only 3 choices, and they all run out so quickly.

Someone please tell me I got the rules all wrong and i'm incorrect.

This game needs an expansion ASAP, more copies for neutral piles. more neutral piles. the races are great; don't need more of them in the first expansion. the expansion has got to have more variety, if it's the neutral cards, if it's more units in the barracks, doesn't matter, its deck building attribute is FLAWED from its basis PLEASE PLEASE FIX IT, I wanna see it's full potential! i can be INLOVE with this game...!

I really like the artwork though :D

"I thought that this game was a deck building game, like dominion, but with more interaction between players, and the graphic art which is amazing."

It is though, Rune age (unlike many other deckbuilders) allows me to personally affect another player. I can go out of my way and attack somebody. Can't do that in Dominion, only effect a player with a card, not hurt them and potentially defeat them.

"But it certainly is nothing like dominio, or any other GOOD deck building game. you can't really form a strategy, because all of your cards are ALWAYS the same! and the neutral pile (which is the fun, the strategy changer, the card destroyer and almost 90% of the game) is just so unvaried! AND it has just enough for 1 card for each player, if you're lucky you get 2 copies of it (doesn't matter the number of players) and if not, then you can end up with none. and some cards, are unlike "Mind Control" or different kinds of units, they don't get destroyed and sent back to the original neutral pile, THEY STAY AT THE RESPECTIVE DECK OF THE LUCKY BASTARED WHO GOT LUCKY IN HIS DRAW PHASE. (like force marched, battle cry, etc.) "

You can form strategies with Rune age, and it actually gives me more stategic thought then Dominion, Thunderstone or other similar games. Just because your cards are the same doesn't mean you can't have varying tactics with them. You also know you can swap out Neutral cards for others of the same cost for more variation correct? Also Neutral cards are something to add to your army, not be the sole focus of your deck. Everybody has an even chance to get them, so go after those cities!

"Of course there's the element of luck, but I mean COME ON, you don't get a chance to get even with everyone else, because you're outta neutral pile decks the major deck boosters comes from there. I don't understand why there's only 5 copies of a card in a 4 player game. you get only 3 choices, and they all run out so quickly. "

There's enough cards for everybody, even if somebody grabbed 2 of the neutral cards you wanted you can still get the ones you want. I think your making Neutral cards seem much better than they really are. I buy 3 max in a game, as the bulk of my deck is and should be my faction cards.

"This game needs an expansion ASAP, more copies for neutral piles. more neutral piles. the races are great; don't need more of them in the first expansion. the expansion has got to have more variety, if it's the neutral cards, if it's more units in the barracks, doesn't matter, its deck building attribute is FLAWED from its basis PLEASE PLEASE FIX IT, I wanna see it's full potential! i can be INLOVE with this gameā€¦!"

I agree that there should be moe neutrals, but 3 card piles is enough, I just want different ones for variety. And More units in the barracks would be great, as again, those should be your focus, with an occasional Neutral to support them.

I really like the artwork though :D

The artworks great, I just hate how recycled it is.

Ive always considered Rune Age more as a war game with deckbuilding mechanic instead of classic miniatures then a usual deck-building game. What I really want to say is that deckbuilding in this game is just a system through which you play the game, not the actual game.

And sure, more variety is a MUST.

Well the new expansion is on the way. And with it come new core untis and a veritable horde of new neutral cards.

REJOICE!

The FFG may be yet another company after our money, but Im gladly giving it for such good products that I know will be (more/less) alive and fresh. Keep up the good work, all Im sayin :)