Factions?

By dvang, in Dust Warfare

I have only briefly seen Dust Tactics played, and I know almost nothing about the story or background of Dust.

Can people list the strengths, weaknesses, difference, and play styles of the three factions?

I recall that the Axis has zombies and gorilla troops, for example. The teaser video mentioned that the Allies have Phaser technology (whatever that means) etc.

Thanks

There is already a thread specifically about this over in the Dust Tactics forums - I'd recommend checking it out, it's a pretty recent thread.

I think it's a bit too early to tell for Dust Warfare, although I would guess the strangths and weaknesses of each faction would be somewhat similar.

Also, as the SSU hasn't been released yet, it's still a bit foggy what their real strengths and weaknesses.

felkor said:

Also, as the SSU hasn't been released yet, it's still a bit foggy what their real strengths and weaknesses.

Vodka, definitly the Vodka...

I too would appreciate a summary of the factions various strengths and weaknesses, being new to Dust. Specifically, which factions have which options that allow for messing with the usual force choices (e.g. I read somewhere that the axis take an extra walker and allies an extra support choice in a platoon, or something) would be useful from a purchasing point of view.

Thanks

SSU

Axis

Vril

Allies

Majestic 12

Anhenerbe

@Peacekeeper_b

Are those supposed to be future factions? The Vril, Majestic 12 and Anhenebre? Is there anything official on this? I only ask because I think the game is great, but my only concern is the lack of factions.

@Peacekeeper_b

Are those supposed to be future factions? The Vril, Majestic 12 and Anhenebre? Is there anything official on this? I only ask because I think the game is great, but my only concern is the lack of factions.

Not sure how Warfare changes the interactions from Tactics, but generally, the Axis are the "slow & tough" guys while the Allies are the "quick & mobile" guys, but there are individual unit variations. What the SSU will bring us, no clue. Airmobility can make them even more mobile than the Allies, but from what I see of the platoon rules, they might need a special rule to allow them troops, walkers & helicopters. At a guess, they will probably lean towards very quick & very hard hitting short range weapons.

Grim6 said:

@Peacekeeper_b

Majestic 12 and Anhenebre are referenced in Operation Seelowe, both with fairly entensive (multiple paragraph) entries. The Vril have always been intended as a faction. Basically M12 is an alternate allies and Anhenebre is an alternate Axis.

Peacekeeper_b said:

Grim6 said:

@Peacekeeper_b

Are those supposed to be future factions► The Vril, Majestic 12 and Anhenebre► Is there anything official on this► I only ask because I think the game is great, but my only concern is the lack of factions.

Majestic 12 and Anhenebre are referenced in Operation Seelowe, both with fairly entensive (multiple paragraph) entries. The Vril have always been intended as a faction. Basically M12 is an alternate allies and Anhenebre is an alternate Axis.

I think they are also an excuse to have "Allies" (M12) on the Axis side and "Axis" on the Allied side since both side organizations have issues with their respective governments.

Algesan said:

Peacekeeper_b said:

Grim6 said:

@Peacekeeper_b

I think they are also an excuse to have "Allies" (M12) on the Axis side and "Axis" on the Allied side since both side organizations have issues with their respective governments.

I agree, it allows Axis vs Axis and Allies vs Allies fights with more logic in them. Also it would be cool if it allows a force to take 1 unit of the other faction as a rare choice.