Skeptic question

By mastabou, in Cosmic Encounter

Apologies if this has been asked. It has been a long time since I've been on this forum, so I figured I'd just ask instead of searching, sorry.

Last night was my first game with Cosmic Alliance, and I had the Skeptic. I ran into a situation where I had my super and my opponent was Zombie. If I use my super and chose a number equal to all of our remaining ships, Zombie 'Double Doubts' and I win, what happens. How would Zombie's replacement effect work if all his ships were to 'die' and then try and return? Would they all briefly leave his planets, losing all of his colonies and be stuck in limbo? Would it turn his power off and all go to the warp? Would nothing happen and all of his ships remain where they are? We couldn't decide the proper way to handle it, and it was late so we decided to call it quits, but I'm curious to the correct ruling here....Thoughts?

Well, the rules state that timing issues resolves with the Offense first, then the Defense..

I dont know if thats applicable in all timing issues as i currently have an unanswered question regarding timing issues in the below thread, but thats how i think it works anyways.

My thinking, is that Zombie would lose all his ships to the warp.

First, if he loses the combat, all his ships are sent to the warp. After his ships are removed from the colonies, he no longer has enough home colonies to keep his powers active, resulting in Zombie's power no longer working, so he can't prevent his ships from goign to the warp.

I'm not quite sure if that made any sense :P

That's correct. Any time Zombie loses ships and picking up those ships makes him lose his power, they go to the warp.