a few NOOB questions

By COCLCG, in Call of Cthulhu Deck Construction

A) Are EVENT cards that have "attach to" without the SUBTYPE attachment still considered "attachments"??, and if not, how does one get rid of them as I believe the only way to remove events is with an immediate disrupt??

B) What are the cards that DO disrupt EVENTS??

C) In faction decks that contain 2 different copies of an ancient one, ie CTHULHU, was one superceded by the other, or are both valid??

SHANKS.

A) Are you thinking of a specific card? Generally events that have "Attach..." also have "counts as a ....." to clarify that it can be removed with support destruction.

B) There are a few cards that can Disrupt . Examples are Power Drain, Performance Artist, Adult Deep One, Fire Extinguisher, Guardian of the Key and more.

C) Unique cards (have a dot before their name) can only have one copy in play for a given player. It doesn't matter what the sub-name is. You can't have two Cthulhus in play at any point in time. If you have a Cthulhu in play, you cannot play another one for any reason.

Good 'ol Chris has the right of it, however I interpreted the third question differently.

C:) if you mean the fact that there are two different cards of Cthulhu (one from the core set, the other from the Yuggoth Contract Cycle) than yes, they are both counted as Cthulhu, and while both versions are playable, you can't have both copies out at the same time on your side of the field during a game. Same thing goes for the two differnt copies of Hastur, Shun-Niggurath and Yog-Sothoth.

HAHA. cheers dudes.

A) FORCED FORECLOSURE with no reference to it being an attachment but it says "ATTACH" and "ATTACHED". if its not, are you doomed to have lost your location the ENTIRE game?

B) THANKS.

C) Second answer interpreted correctly.

and

D) if FORCED FORECLOSURE is played, being an event, what happens if VISITOR FROM THE SPHERES pays to duplicate the EVENT. Do you then nick one of his LOCATIONS, or CANCEL the event in essence??

***DELETED***DELETED***DELETED***

Oh, I see... Forced Foreclosure (an Event card) says:

Play during your operations phase.
Action : Attach Forced Foreclosure to a Location card. While Forced Foreclosure is attached, you gain control of attached Location.

So you are wondering how you can removed Forced Foreclosure, since it is an Event, not a Support card.

My instincts tell me that was an oversight, it should be treated as a Support card while attached. But it does not say so on the card. I imagine that until there is some clarification, there is no current way to destroy Forced Foreclosure.

That's a POO card then. I think i'll make a SYNDICATE deck.....

And what about the VISITOR/FORCED FORECLOSURE dillemma?? seeing as actions resolve completely, the foreclosed location would be in the opponents possession. Can you now FORECLOSE it back, and in reality have another 'PHANTOM' indestructible FORECLOSURE attached to it.

or the fact that THE STATUE OF Y'HA-NTHLEI destroys characters with printed skill of 1 or less, but the ADULT DEEP ONE of skill 1 can cancel effects against it? It is worded as a SINGULAR effect NOT destroys EACH character of SKILL 1 or less, so the effect directed against the DEEP ONE is one and the same as the effect directed against all other SKILL 1 or below characters.

is the statue thus 'cancelled' forever??

and what happens to the card itself. does it sit there like a goose???

IM CONFUSED!!

Its just that I'm heading into a tournament and these things really need to be clarified, or I will not be held accountable for mounting a card table to throttle a fellow 'NERD', which would be a shame as there's so little intelligence in the world as it is.

COCLCG said:

or the fact that THE STATUE OF Y'HA-NTHLEI destroys characters with printed skill of 1 or less, but the ADULT DEEP ONE of skill 1 can cancel effects against it? It is worded as a SINGULAR effect NOT destroys EACH character of SKILL 1 or less, so the effect directed against the DEEP ONE is one and the same as the effect directed against all other SKILL 1 or below characters.

The main
difference between a passive ability and
a forced response is that a passive effect
cannot be canceled.

EXCELLENT!! Finally someone who knows their S*#T. And the VISITOR / FORCED FORECLOSURE question??

THANKS for helping a NOOB.

I was wrong about Forced Foreclosure. In the FAQ, it says:

(1.3) Attached Cards

When a card becomes attached to another card due to card effects (like Tear Gas, Summons of the Deep F86), that card is now considered a support card (regardless of its normal type) with the Attachment subtype. The card loses all of its characteristics (such as skill value, icons, and type) except for any text that applies to its attached state. The card retains its faction identity and printed cost.

So Forced Foreclosure becomes a support card when it is attached even though the card does not explicitly say so.