Armor Q

By zorcon, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Does natural armor stack with worn armor?

Yes!

I think.

I was actually sure I'd seen it somewhere in the rules but I can't find it anymore.

Hmmm...

Well, I still say yes it does :P

That's the way we used to play it, but then I couldn't find the rule for that anywhere. I suspect that I might have been thinking of D&D... Does anyone know for sure?

At least in Black crusade, natural armor AP and machine trait AP didn't stack, I think. Not sure at all with armors.

To be more specific about my query, I play a Psyker. I currently wear Lt Enforcer armor and in the past have manifested Shape Flesh with the Natural Armor (2) effect. What I want to know is if these two AP's stack. I can not find any reference to this in any book, and I can not find an enemy stat block who has both natural armor and worn armor.

However, Machine Trait does stack with both Armor Plating and worn armor. Would Machine Trait be comparable to Natural Armor in the case of stacking AP's?

Again, I would say yes- and that would explain why we got that idea.

BUT- as its not "specifically mentioned in the rules anywhere" I would say it will end up being up your GM.

This is the type of thing that a GM would feel entitled to pull off a parent's "I don't care what the other kids are doing, you won't do it that way!" card :P

PnPgamer said:

At least in Black crusade, natural armor AP and machine trait AP didn't stack, I think. Not sure at all with armors.

It does now. Behold the new Errata !