Expansion causes game to freeze on iPad

By Rodzilla68, in Elder Sign: Omens

I just upgraded the app today and purchased the expansion. I'm almost finished with the Cthulhu campaign, but the game keeps locking up after I complete a mission. It displays the closed curtains after I win the mission, but just hangs there with the music playing in the background. So I reloaded and tried it again. Same problem. Reloaded, didn't complete the mission which switched characters. Had that character complete a mission and it hangs again. Something about successfully finishing is causing the game to lock up.

I had the exact same problem playing on the iPod Touch. I was in the second area, had two of the three relics, and when I completed one of the adventures it froze on the closed curtains. Very frustrating, especially since I felt like I was in pretty good shape, and the Cthulhu campaign is so awesome and suspenseful.

I have the same problem, but with any adventure. I tried resetting my iPad and resuming the game more than once, but no luck.

Hoping for a quick fix soon or possibly a workaround.

Ok, so I tried a few different things to see if I could work around the freezing problem:

Uninstalling, rebooting iPad and reinstalling game - did not work.

Regardless of which adventure I try to complete, the game still freezes. If I "skip" a character's turn by shopping, the game will freeze once I complete the next character's adventure. Not sure exactly how far into the Cthulhu campaign it is, but it seems to be a consistent thing. The game freezes at the transition screen.

For the record, I have a "New iPad 4g+wifi 64gb".

If there is anyway I can help or provide more information, please let me know.

Reapinghavoc said:

Ok, so I tried a few different things to see if I could work around the freezing problem:

Uninstalling, rebooting iPad and reinstalling game - did not work.

Regardless of which adventure I try to complete, the game still freezes. If I "skip" a character's turn by shopping, the game will freeze once I complete the next character's adventure. Not sure exactly how far into the Cthulhu campaign it is, but it seems to be a consistent thing. The game freezes at the transition screen.

For the record, I have a "New iPad 4g+wifi 64gb".

If there is anyway I can help or provide more information, please let me know.

I have the same setup (minus the 4G) and the same bug - I can continue the game and skip a character, but anyone who completes a mission locks up the game.

So I booted up the game to try it again and it turns out it saved my game exactly where it was. But whenever I complete another mission it keeps freezing again. I'm playing on the newest iPod Touch.

Confirmed this is happening to me also, on an iPhone 4. Pretty much as described by others above, specifically with the Call of Cthulhu campaign. A bit frustrating, since it seems to be a showstopping bug and seemingly occurring consistently across platforms, should have been caught before release. I enjoy the game, I hope a fix can be relatively quick, and thanks...

Happens to me too. This is my first play through the expansion campaign. It started locking on the Altar of Madness adventure (steam boat + key) although that probably isn't relevant. I can't remember which adventure came right before it. I have two investigators left: Wilson Richards and Jenny Barnes.

Kind regards,

Mads Østerby

The same thing is happening to me on my Samsung Galaxy S, after completing the Twilight Ritual mission with Ashcan Pete. Completing a different mission yields the same results.

I abandoned the game and started a new one (which was painful since I had been doing pretty well), and so far I seem to be able to complete missions again. But I haven't played for long since it seems likely that it will eventually happen again and force me to abandon the game again.

It's the third time for me that the game freezes in the new campaign (during the curtain transition). It seems to happen after completing the event "Raging Storm", and after that I can not complete any other mission, even if I skip characters. I'm a bit disapointed, and nevertheless frustrated : this campaign is a real struggle to keep a good team alive with good items, it's really good, and I can't finish it because of this bug... I'll try again tomorrow, but for now it appears to be a real problem (on iPad 2 for me), and 1. I regret a bit having spent my few bucks on a unfinished expansion and 2. I don't understand how it can have been released that way... waiting for a bug fix...

Which one is Raging Storm? I don't remember off-hand the last adventure I completed before the game started freezing.

So I went through again and was able to complete the campaign and defeat Cthulhu this time without it freezing up on me. I did do the Raging Storm adventure along the way, so I don't think that was responsible for the freeze.

Well, you're lucky^^. Happened to me again. Raging storm might not be the problem, anyway somewhere near the end (Rlyeh discovered, 2 or 3 gems...) I can't do anything but playing on the boat with my characters, or the game freezes. Bah, I'll wait for a fix... :)

I'll add my name to the list having this issue. For me, its on my iphone 4. Much as others have said, somewhere during the final stage (after discovering Ryleh), I know get a freeze on the curtains after I complete a mission. I am okay if I shop (though I did buy a relic and get one of the gems I already had. Suck.)

It has happened to me twice, as I started a new game after my first one froze. In both cases, it seems to start late in the final stage, I think in both cases I had two gems. In my current game, it was when I got the third gem that the adventure didn't complete and the game froze.

I really hope there is a fix for this because I must say, the new Cthulhu campaign is absolutely fantastic. I love it. I just want to play it ! :)

The game hangs (its curtains) for me as well during the Cthulhu campaign... sad.gif

Any comment from the developers yet? Very annoying this bug as it prevents us from finishing the campaign.

UPDATE: They just posted a fix for this. I'm in the process of downloading it right now. *fingers crossed*

It works ! finished it yesterday... pretty easy finally huhuhu^^...