Random Thought - British Hero

By mr_smigs, in Dust Tactics General Discussion

rather than trying to hammer away at converting... I realized on tuesday that there's a unique opportunity here for Dust to revive a classic hero for their game...

With the Germans still a threat to the world, and the oncoming alien invasion...

why not a return of Arthur, King of the Brittans... and his forged VK sword... the original VK tech on the planet before the natives knew what they were dealing with...

all sorts of different back stories could fit to explain it... and they could all be left as rumors to help build up the charisma of the battlefield commander...

Let's saty out of fantasy stuff. Dark IIWW realm is good enough. Fantasy stuff will make it silly - first Arthur and then what? Lady of the Lake walking (half)naked and killing Zombies/Apes? :D

No, thank you.

Benny Hill figure?

mgentile7 said:

Benny Hill figure?

That would get my vote.

He would have to come with 4 bikini clad women that just follow him around.

A good skill would also be fast

daniello_s said:

Let's saty out of fantasy stuff. Dark IIWW realm is good enough. Fantasy stuff will make it silly - first Arthur and then what? Lady of the Lake walking (half)naked and killing Zombies/Apes? :D

No, thank you.

why would it have to go any further than Arthur?

similar to some of the other heroes, the background could be left vague... german propaganda claiming he's just a random PR officer given new tech to try and bolster morale...
Allied offices not responding, and simply letting Arthur's actions and abilities speak for themselves...

as for "no fantasy" ... there's already zombies, enhanced apes, aliens and psychics... and that's just the axis side...

I think he meant the "fantasy genre", you know, sword & sorcery. Nothing in the current game comes from that background.

having guys wit vk swords could be neat sorta like the guys in warhammer 40k

What about David Beckham. He could be a close quarter fighter specializing in kicking people in the nuts? Plus you could get his wife as well, she could be a master of disguise and have hundreds of figures all in different outfits. Dust would make a killing on mini sales!!!!!!