Is this Game for Me? What do You Think?

By Bliciant, in Horus Heresy

I been looking for a good 2 player game to play with my GF, My GF really likes Board Games we usually play Runewars or Lord of The Rings the card game but from time to time my Best friend joins us and we play Chaos in the Old Wolrd, Arkham horror(+ innsmouth expansion) or Wrath of Ashardalon. We all Love Chaos in the Old world as a 3 player game because is really Fun and fast, we have't tried Runewars as 3 players yet (tonight we are going to try it) but we like to combat against each other. My only downside to "Horus Heresy" is that it is only a 2 player game but in a way it is good since most of the time its me and my GF. Another game we enjoy is warhammer 40k universe so that is a good thing too.

I would love to Get Descent but its out of print and on ebay it gets around 120 and i think i can wait for the reprint. I was also thinking of buying Game of Thrones due to all of the high ratings and positive comments besides it looks fun. We also looked at Gears of War the board game which looks kind of Wrath Of Ashardalon so i think its going to do well. Another game that caught my attention was Rex i haven't read much about it but it looks look fun the only thing that gets me off is the Sol bombardment. the last option was Manssion of Madness but i already have Arkham Horror so i doubt it much that i will get this.

the only reason that i haven't bought this is because the comments @ BoardgameGeek and amazon. i would like to hear about you guys, what do you think i should do? Should i get it? Or do you guys recommend any other options.

My GF favorite games are Chaos in the Old World And Runewars so she likes strategy games that is not going to be a problem.

Forgot to add we also have Warhammer Invasion.

Man, I love Horus Heresy. I play it with my wife mostly. It is deep in strategy and the rules are long, but man I love this game. If you like the games you listed, I would bet that you would love this game too.

This is more of a stratedgy game than a fun game, it's quite serious and the room for invention or randomised play or just downright chaotic play is very limited. I own it, I like it, but the missus does not.

We can play back to back games of Chaos in teh Old world, Space hulk, Blood Bowl, Magic, Quarriors even…but this is a game that sits there for MONTHS untouched. I'd need another version of myself to play it more often I think. It's also quite expensive so it's not a cheap gamble I am affraid. Oh and I preordered 2nd ed Descent today, It'll be a nice change to our game nights and it felt good to buy a new game :) That might work for you too.