two silly questions ... + armies painted

By XUR, in StarCraft

Hi friends :)

Sorry to come back on these matters, but I have a hard time finding definitive answers regarding these on the forum.

-First concerns splash damage against cloaked troops ... situation occured when a Protoss Reaver fired on a burrowing Hydralisk.

I know this problem has been discussed many times before, but after all this time, Im' still not sure whether the damage should be applied anyway, or if the creature escapes its fate by burrowing ...

-Second is : Defense order.

I've always played without the Brood Wars expansion, and after reading the description of this game mechanic, I'm not quite sure of its interest.

From your own experience, is this really an important addition to the basic game, or is this something you can simply ignore ?

Thanks for your patience ...

Besides, I've managed to complete 3 armies before our next game session, I post pics here (as promised a loong time ago)

Protoss Army

Arcturus Mengsk's Terrans :

Terran Army

And my all time favorites, the Bugs :)

(lots of conversions here)

Zerg Army

Awesome work. I was planning on painting my set but don't expect to come even close to that quality!

Awesome paintwork.

Attacks against cloaked units are resolved normally, except that if the cloaked unit is destroyed, you can place it in a friendly or empty area on the planet instead of returning it to your unused units.

Thanks, friends !

Dypaca - yes, eventually, I had come to that conclusion about [splash Vs cloak] - thanks for your answer :)

During that game, my most direct foe learnt to fear the destructive power of fully-loaded Reavers ... her invasion plans were stopped cold !

Not too sure about the Defend order ... at least it didn't slow the game down as I feared.

My guess is this order can be of great help in case of assaults early in the game (zergling rush) ...gives you an additional chance to survive the initial clash.

A pity I joined this forum so late after the game's release ...

" Lord Tassadar ... Whatever happened here , I think we missed it !!"

dragoons

XUR said:

Hi friends :)

Sorry to come back on these matters, but I have a hard time finding definitive answers regarding these on the forum.

-First concerns splash damage against cloaked troops … situation occured when a Protoss Reaver fired on a burrowing Hydralisk.

I know this problem has been discussed many times before, but after all this time, Im' still not sure whether the damage should be applied anyway, or if the creature escapes its fate by burrowing …

-Second is : Defense order.

I've always played without the Brood Wars expansion, and after reading the description of this game mechanic, I'm not quite sure of its interest.

From your own experience, is this really an important addition to the basic game, or is this something you can simply ignore ?

1. the burrowing Hydralisk will retreat from the battle destory unit step , and the Splash damage tigged to kill any left group unit in the step Splash time just like a sample: a Reaver VS two Dark tempar, the front line DT escapes and the support line DT will be kill…

2. Defense order design to regroup your forces or get an one time +2 health in the area battel. but it`s also make you loss one order than other players, and your order will have more chance to be cover by other players order, it`s very importence. and +2 health is counted " Start of the battel " effect, you can only chose to use one "Start of the battel" skill in each battel only, Sample as in a battel, if your want to +2 health, you cannot use Raider Scan to grant Detector.

@XUR: Wow, the blends on your Zerg faction are beautiful!

I'd like to paint up my armies, but I'm pretty inexperienced. Any advice on techniques that worked well for the Starcraft armies? Also, I figure you went with green and blue ID colors for the other zerg and terran factions, but what did you pick for the other protoss faction to contrast with what looks like a gold metallic? silver? or a more red/orange gold?

Moar pictures! :)

were do i find these miniatures? what manufacture, product line, website, flameing hoops do i have to jump through to find these?