First preview is up

By Julia, in Infiltration

Here . Not so sure it's a brilliant preview... thoughts?

Julia said:

Here . Not so sure it's a brilliant preview... thoughts?

Yes, I found myself somewhat wanting too. So far, this game really teeters on how those NPCs "patrol"; it would also be nice to have a solo option. I still feel good about this game though, but I'm wondering how will it separate itself enough from my valuable Dungeonquest. Hoping this game will get expansion treatment already, as I know that will improve the quality and depth of what looks like a game of much potential.

I know nothing of the Android world -- haven't read any books or played the board game -- but this game is looking awesome to me! I can't wait to learn more. It's true that we could have pieced most of the information from this preview together from the previous announcements, but it was still cool to see the game setup.

I thought it was a neat preview. The action cards remind me of the Death Angel card game, though this sounds a lot better.

They can't give away too much in a preview. This seems like Elder Sign, where each different room is an adventure (I love Elder Sign) and it may prove to be even more interesting...

Glad they showed the game all set up- it looks awesome. I love the "Cyberpunk" look and theme.

Looking forward to it. Like the theme. Like the theoretical gameplay. Need to have something real competitive in my collection.

Tromdial said:

Yes, I found myself somewhat wanting too. So far, this game really teeters on how those NPCs "patrol"

I was actually thinking much the same thing about the rooms and items. "Moving sidewalk" isn't exactly gripping, but I imagine they previewed that card partly because it's easy to explain. But I see much of the appeal as arising from all the item and room effects interacting with one another in strategically and thematically interesting ways. Which is why I'm so excited that DXV is making this; in someone else's hands, it could easily just end up being Incan Gold in an awesome setting.

subochre said:

Tromdial said:

Yes, I found myself somewhat wanting too. So far, this game really teeters on how those NPCs "patrol"

I was actually thinking much the same thing about the rooms and items. "Moving sidewalk" isn't exactly gripping

Yeah, that was my point too. It seems like you have only one way to enter / exit the building, and the four Action cards seem not that exciting: you can enter a new room, step back one room, or do something inside the room you're in. Ok, and then? Plus the fixed set-up of cards forming a V (V-accarino?) doesn't seem a promise of a very heterogeneous game. Plus, it has some similarity with Death Angel.

I'm still interested, but I'd like to see something more thrilling about the game

Julia said:

I was actually thinking much the same thing about the rooms and items. "Moving sidewalk" isn't exactly gripping

Yeah, that was my point too. It seems like you have only one way to enter / exit the building, and the four Action cards seem not that exciting: you can enter a new room, step back one room, or do something inside the room you're in. Ok, and then? Plus the fixed set-up of cards forming a V (V-accarino?) doesn't seem a promise of a very heterogeneous game. Plus, it has some similarity with Death Angel.

I'm still interested, but I'd like to see something more thrilling about the game

happy.gif

MyNeighbourTrololo said:

I guess you'll be able to houserule something like linearity of room cards and stuff in your favor happy.gif

Yup, probably. I'm just curious about the game as it is, for now! The author is *good*, so I believe it's normal having some high hopes!

Julia said:

subochre said:

Tromdial said:

The latest preview stated that the item cards you can collect can be used in lieu of the basic action cards, so I suppose it depends on what the item cards do and how they interact.

Bleached Lizard said:

The latest preview stated that the item cards you can collect can be used in lieu of the basic action cards, so I suppose it depends on what the item cards do and how they interact.

Yeah, the second preview seems much more appealing to me than the first one. Could be fun, having some NPC swarming the building :-)