New Preview up showing Platoon examples

By felkor, in Dust Warfare

From the preview: "This game features a dynamic army building system that uses platoons, small and flexible groups of units and support vehicles that can be customized to complete any mission."

I think that makes it pretty clear that there won't be mechanized platoons - vehicles are used for support.

Doesn't bother me any (I don't have a huge mass of walkers anyway) but I think that strongly implies that all-vehicle platoons won't be included (at least not in the core rulebook.)

I actually dont get the example on the review page discribing the Plattoon set up.

E.g does the PDF sheet state: one special unit per two section. Why have they then 3 specials in their first combat platoon example?

Can please someone explain in her/ his own words how the platoons are going to work.

1815Baersson said:

I actually dont get the example on the review page discribing the Plattoon set up.

E.g does the PDF sheet state: one special unit per two section. Why have they then 3 specials in their first combat platoon example?

Can please someone explain in her/ his own words how the platoons are going to work.

Whoops - had a typo. Where I said "3 platoons" I meant "2 platoons".

Thanks Felkor!!

I really hope that thr rulebook dscribes it as clear and pedagogically as you - thanks a lot!!

I'm also hoping for walker platoons, as it makes porting Tactics scenarios to Warfare more possible while maintaining whatever limits Warfare gives us.

It also allows players to have far more options for the kinds of scenarios they play.

I know Warfare will be a different game, but it would be nice to be able to use Tactics scenarios without having to create lots of house rules to use them.

I prefer the idea of big gun artillery being off board except for special scenarios, as that's the roll of big gun artillery. I just don't want it to be something that has to be there, as that limits scenarios.

It forces players to either give up something they're paying for through the cost of other units if they play a scenario without the support, or adds artillery support where it wouldn't logically be available. Paying for support as a separate entity would be a far better option than including in in the cost of other units as always available, whether only for specific platoons, or not.

Everybody used big gun artillery in WW2, so if it's going to be available, it should be available in a way that works without limiting either side.

Gimp said:

I'm also hoping for walker platoons