Mistake Equipment Cards?

By PsychoWolf, in Tannhauser

In the Equipment Cards Zor'Ka's Combat Pack includes her Tesla Coil wich can be dropped?

Is this a misprint or can Zor'Ka really drop her Tesla Coil?

This is an odd one the Token has a black border (no drop), the revised rules also show a black border (no drop), but the card pack shows a hashed yellow/black border (dropable). So that's 2 to 1 in favor of no drop for Zor'ka's Tesla Coil.

BUT... All other Tesla Coils are dropable, so maybe it was the original token art that was wrong, then that was copied/pasted in the new book, and then corrected in the cards. Only FFG can say.

Now generally I say the cards are always "right", that way you don't have to refer to the book, and you can end table arguments quickly.

But this is the rare case where instead of the card and book disagreing, that card contadicts a token, and in that case I'd say the Token is the correct one.

So here is my rule rank.

1 Token

2 Card

3 Book "special rules"

4 Book "general rules"

This actually came up in a game a few weeks ago, we went with the Token.

Hope that helps, as right now there is no official answer.

Well I noticed that Eva Kramer's Iron Cross 1st Class was printed as a 'bonus' card and not as a 'combat' card. Kind of annoying really. I'm hoping to find out if its possible to get a corrected card or if all the sets are like that. I'm going to make sure there are not other misprints before I do though.

There's not only a 2 to 1 favor for the Coil being not disposable, it would in fact make Zor'ka more powerful if she could drop the Coil. She could just search crates for automatic weapons or exchange the Coil for a weapon from a teammate if the Coil was disposable. So it would be quite easy to give Zor'ka some ranged combat capabilities.

►►! said:

There''s not only a 2 to 1 favor for the Coil being not disposable, it would in fact make Zor''ka more powerful if she could drop the Coil. She could just search crates for automatic weapons or exchange the Coil for a weapon from a teammate if the Coil was disposable. So it would be quite easy to give Zor''ka some ranged combat capabilities.

Just my thoughts.

I think I''d would make her too powerful. So we''ll follow Miah''s advice for the priority order

Miah999 said:

This is an odd one the Token has a black border (no drop), the revised rules also show a black border (no drop), but the card pack shows a hashed yellow/black border (dropable). So that's 2 to 1 in favor of no drop for Zor'ka's Tesla Coil.

BUT… All other Tesla Coils are dropable, so maybe it was the original token art that was wrong, then that was copied/pasted in the new book, and then corrected in the cards. Only FFG can say.

Now generally I say the cards are always "right", that way you don't have to refer to the book, and you can end table arguments quickly.

But this is the rare case where instead of the card and book disagreing, that card contadicts a token, and in that case I'd say the Token is the correct one.

So here is my rule rank.

1 Token

2 Card

3 Book "special rules"

4 Book "general rules"

This actually came up in a game a few weeks ago, we went with the Token.

Hope that helps, as right now there is no official answer.

Yeah, this is what makes the most sense when I play the game.