DIY Matriarchy Bonus Tokens: Gorgei & Irishka

By Artemus Maximus, in Tannhauser

I like Bonus Tokens. I like to maximize. Wolf has his Wolftrap (even though Gorgei can use it, meh...it's Classic Wolf) and Gorgei doesn't have an analog. Irishka doesn't have a proper 'command' pack, imo. I got some tokens from Novgorod & Gorgei expansions just sitting in the bag, not being used that much soooo....

GORGEI: BONUS TOKEN

KS-3 Bomb (use the 3 bomb tokens included for Gorgei's Scenario)

The Khimicheskoe Soedinenie - 3 (KS-3) Bomb slowly mixes three chambers of chemical compounds into one increasingly unstable solution, causing a delayed, but highly destructive, explosion.

Hardware. As an Action, place the three KS-3 Bomb tokens on an adjacent circle. At the beginning of each following turn, remove the top token from the stack. When the last token is removed, the bomb explodes: place a Double Rubble token on its circle, a Single Rubble token on all adjacent circles and each character on these circles suffers 5 successes. Characters with the Engineering Skill may spend an Action to deactivate the bomb and remove all KS-3 Bomb tokens from the circle.

IRISHKA: BONUS PACK

Kaali

See p. 61 of Revised Rulebook.

Svarog EM Field Generator (use the red Core Token included with Novgorod, for the Thunderstruck scenario)

Irishka has retrofitted a Svarog Electro-Magnetic Field Generator, developed for moving large amounts of the special-alloy metal used in the Svarog Project, into her R.U.R., increasing productivity for repairs.

Hardware. Once during Irishka's activation, you may spend any number of remaining movement points to move Zor'ka and/or all Voivode models 1 circle towards Irishka for each movement point spent. Zor'ka and the Voivodes must be on her path, and all present models on this path must make the full movement, if able. This movement does not ignore movement penalty circles and can trigger Overwatch.

Prime Strelsky (use the Challenge Token with the Matriarchy symbol included with the Gorgei expansion)

"Having entered the holy orders at age seven, Irishka was named Prime Strelsky of the Tellruci Monastery of Pskov-Petchory 14 years later. "

Rank. Once per turn, you may re-roll your Initiative Roll at no CP cost. You must keep the new result.

Great use of exsisting tokens, If you don't mind I'll repost it on the Blog this weekend.

repost away! note clerical error:

Svarog EM Field Generator

Hardware. Once during Irishka's activation, you may spend any number of remaining movement points to move Zor'ka and/or all Voivode models and destroyed tokens 1 circle towards Irishka for each movement point spent. Zor'ka and the Voivodes must be on her path, and all present models on this path must make the full movement, if able. This movement does not ignore movement penalty circles and can trigger Overwatch.

DISCLAIMER!:

(Move 1 model/token at a time - Irishka's choice. Destroyed tokens can move through enemies. Models cannot. If a model/token can't move the full points, move it as close as possible. Void where prohibited.)

Artemus Maximus said:

GORGEI: BONUS TOKEN

KS-3 Bomb (use the 3 bomb tokens included for Gorgei's Scenario)

The Khimicheskoe Soedinenie - 3 (KS-3) Bomb slowly mixes three chambers of chemical compounds into one increasingly unstable solution, causing a delayed, but highly destructive, explosion.

Hardware. As an Action, place the three KS-3 Bomb tokens on an adjacent circle. At the beginning of each following turn, remove the top token from the stack. When the last token is removed, the bomb explodes: place a Double Rubble token on its circle, a Single Rubble token on all adjacent circles and each character on these circles suffers 5 successes. Characters with the Engineering Skill may spend an Action to deactivate the bomb and remove all KS-3 Bomb tokens from the circle.

I love the idea but I think it would not be very effective in actual gameplay, I cant think of any way to force an opponent to be adjacent to the bomb even after 1 turn.

By the way, now that I realized that automatic wounds cannot be shaken off, wolftrap is suddently more appealing!

Say you have a mission where you need to defend something - the bomb works as path control. The damage it deals is really just a deterrent not to end adjacent to it on the turn it blows up, kinda just there because it's a bomb :P .

After it does blow up, the rubble should really slow down your opponent: it takes 7 movement points to move from one side of the bomb's rubble to the other side! This is its main purpose.

nicely presented - thanks! what's the best way to have custom cards printed & created so they look similar to the FFG-made ones?

It really depends on how much you want to spend. Some local print shops can make "playing cards", but the mini size TH cards might be an issue, you may have to get a standard size or pay extra.

Personally because I'm cheap I print them on cardstock myself and the use a small laminator to laminate them.

I haven't had color ink in a bout 2 years (no money for it) so I havn't tried to make any good FFG style cards.

I'd do some web searches for custom game card printing, see what comes up.

If the idea of the bomb is a deterrent, why not hide the turn it will explode, say one of the "timer" tokens is different or has a mark underneath, you place it in any position of the pile but the enemy does not know (same as with shogunatés mines)

It adds a lot of deterrence for the same price!