80s games I want to be reprinted

By SuperKalelJorson7, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

Since this is the place for wishing, I'll submit mine:

Fortress America- No one but FFG could pull this one off.

Dark Tower- Not going to happen, but with cheap LCD screens they use on kid's toys, using one for a board game is not completely out of the question.

Survive!- Fun, easy game.

I figure since FFG already updated Heroquest for me (with Descent), brought back a beautiful version of Cosmic Encouter, and with unDune on the way, well...I can dream.

sepayne7l said:

I only found out about this game last year, and I would love to see it reprinted by Fantasy Flight Games. I would also like to see Dune and Space Hulk reprinted, but from what I understand that is already happening.

Warlord/Apocalypse would be cool.

sepayne7l said:

Agreed. This would be made out of pure awesometonium.

I donated my copy of Fortress America to my college Games Club, since I never got to play it and figured it (and dozens others) would be a great way to let them start a library of games. Then new leadership took over a year later and they sold all the games I donated on ebay. Had I known that was going to happen, I never would have given them up. They didn't even use the money on anyting worthwhile either -- they decided to change the club's focus to electronic games and bought the leadership members gaming consoles. Still pisses me off to this day,

There's a Karma Missile coming for them. They will pay for their selfishness threefold.

TeufelHund said:

Warlord/Apocalypse would be cool.

Now this I agree with, however you should alter the rules and use Bob Roscows version. All players place there colour in a cup of bag and you all randomly take one without showing anyone, do this until you all have a colour which is not your own. The winning condition is the first empire to destroy his secret enemy. so as the game plays you need to balance attacking someone who you are not looking to kill with trying to work out what your opponents objective is and supporting that empire while you covertly try to destroy your objective.

Talking of games from the Eighties. Please don't stone me, but I think Chainsaw Warrior might make a cool little game for FFG to remake.

All the old Games Workshop games were the best! In addition to Chainsaw, I was thining Block Mania would be an excellent game to remake. Long Live Judge Dredd!!!

-shnar

sepayne7l said:

Survive!- Fun, easy game.

I just realized that we have a copy of this game on our "open play" shelf at the store. I'd call it a demo copy, but you can't get it anymore.

I don't want to see reprint of Fortress America. I want to see it completely revised and reprinted. The problem with the original was the balance for the thing which is why it wasn't nearly as popular as Shogun (Samurai Swords) and Axis & Allies.

I'd love to see a reprint of Fotress America. I thought it was the most balanced of the MB bunch. Samurai Swords would be nice too.